Windows 10: Accidentally deleted Windows Store

Discus and support Accidentally deleted Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As part of a malware hunt, I deleted Windows Store, Photo opener, and God knows what else. I knoooow. I'm Stupid. Any way I can recover them without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ACRItoast, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ACRItoast Win User

Accidentally deleted Windows Store

As part of a malware hunt, I deleted Windows Store, Photo opener, and God knows what else. I knoooow. I'm Stupid. Any way I can recover them without a system reset? *Sleepy

:)

ACRItoast, Jan 22, 2016

2. Deleted Windows Store Folder accidently; Unable to start Windows Store

*Original Title: Windows Store Folder

I accidentally deleted the Windows Store folder, just because i couldn't start Store. It would crash whenever i launch it. I have also deleted the Calculator folder so i would be grateful if someone gave me their folders.

Smithienious, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Accidentally Deleted Microsoft Store

I typed that code in my windows powershell but it did not work ,It was the result:
    Accidentally deleted Windows Store [​IMG]

shayan-fallah, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Accidentally deleted Windows Store

Hello ACRItoast Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The first place you may want to look would be in the Start menu>Universal Applications there where you would scroll down the list of options until you find the "Store" item which is the MS online store link. But that would also require Stardock's Start menu 10 being a 3rd party addon with it's own rearrangement of things. If a system restore point was available before the time you saw those items lost it might see them restored while the likelihood of needing at least an upgrade type install to repair the present 10 install would be an option before either the Reset or full clean install route was taken.

A Bing web search on the other hand can see book marks saved being a much easier solution! I just "Binged it" for you! *Wink Microsoft Store Official Site - Free Shipping, Free Returns

As for Photo Opener many prefer to see the original Photo Viewer option restored on 10. Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10

The rest being quite a list however would start off with options like Get Office or Get Skype which would bring you to the MS store anyways. The Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 not the MS Security Essentials as often those will get confused is what many prefer to use over the new Mail app. A link on the page there brings you right back to the Windows store that sees a good number of free as well as several paid for apps. The 2012 mail package also includes the Windows Movie Maker and a few other options rolled up together.

It's a little hard however to pin down a particular folder location for all of the items that come prepackaged with 10 however since those tend to be hyperlinks or direct shortcuts for either setting up or downloading things. You might want to conside changing your system protections as well since you might simply end up losing them all over again if you are able to get most back manually!

Night Hawk, Jan 22, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jan 22, 2016
  6. Thanks! Cliff S for posting the link there. I also suggested that an earlier restore point could be tried but would doubt that would replace anything as far as those "extras" 10 comes with. Those were simply tossed in intentionally as such by MS since 10 is being offered as a free upgrade to further entice people into the other products found at the MS store there. Besides 10 coming out the biggest deal for MS as of lately has been opening up a chain of physical walk in MS stores including the metropolitan NYC!

Night Hawk, Jan 22, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Until I can delete uninstalled & unwanted apps from my Store history(which looks like will never happen, as this user wish has been around since the beginning of windows 8), I refuse to get any more Universal Apps or other Store products.

Cliff S, Jan 22, 2016
  8. Accidentally deleted Windows Store

The only thing I can get but can also find elsewhere of interest at the MS store would be VLC for one I go direct to the home site for since 10 without the Windows DVD Player lacks support for that in the stripped down form of WMP. I also found the free DVDFab 9 Player best used for video files which include video recordings and captures of video feed while not actually too good for playing dvd movies as the name implies!

The Get Office and Get Skype options seen however remind me of how the Linux Mint Debian not Linux Mint distro is saturated with options to download and install some 200 apps while all those of course are open source. Likewise MS has taken notice in order to promote it's own softwares by way of the online store. The freebies of course are tossed in a further incentive to upgrade to 10.

But getting back to the OP's original question it comes down to the two options of either seeing the inplace upgrade install to replace what went missing or see a full clean install take place which likely wouldn't be favorable just to get the Get this or that links back.

Night Hawk, Jan 22, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    See post 28 of this thread Microsoft Apps suddenly broken

You should be able to download the files for the Store app and recover without needing a repair install.

Steve C, Jan 22, 2016
  10. I went a bit further then the thread seen there directly to the techtantri site's page and caught something of interest if it actually that is.
    Step 1 mentions using the System Restore option already suggested earlier before any upgrade to repair or clean install was to take place. Step 2 involves working with the local packages under your user account. And Step 3 provides a PowerShell command you could enter. Those along with Steps 4-8 plus a 32bit and 64bit download links are seen on the page referred to at Windows 10 apps not working - Download apps folder - All things technical - tips tricks

Step #9 is even better since 10 is already on the VM Workstation 12 Player on the 7 side of the dual boot here for simply copying the files needed from VM to physical install!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Accidentally deleted Windows Store

1. Accidentally deleted Windows Store - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted Store

2. Accidental registry deletion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental registry deletion.: I accidentally deleted the highlighted file in the registry editior and now everything isn't working properly, please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-registry-deletion/792891b7-a7c6-4164-a0a2-cad33dbf3dd3
  3. Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak: I was checking out the Panther file when I accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak which was 80mb, what happens next? I sadly do not have a backup app. Does it do anything or will it reappear for a new update or nothing happens...
  4. Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak: I was checking out the Panther file when I accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak which was 80mb, what happens next? I sadly do not have a backup app. Does it do anything or will it reappear for a new update or nothing happens...
  5. Accidentally deleted WOW6432Node

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally deleted WOW6432Node: Long story; Microsoft Teams is **** and I was trying to clear it out and make it fast again, along the way I was also removing some bloatwares from old files/games/etc. Then I accidentally deleted WOW6432Node from the registry I realized it was a Microsoft folder because of...
  6. Accidentally deleted Windows PowerShell.lnk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted Windows PowerShell.lnk: [ATTACH] Hi guys, just like the title says, I accidentally deleted powershell.lnk file when im trying to clean up folder file on my start app Now i cant' open powershell from Windows + X, is there any way to restore this? I already deleted all folder file from recycle...
  7. Windows 10 accidental deletion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 accidental deletion: So as i was cleaning up files on my gaming laptop to clear up space for more games I unintentially deleted Windows....all of it. Ive gotten a USB and downloaded a 32-bit Windows 10 from my fathers Mac and have made sure it’s at the top of the load order. When I tried to boot...
  8. accidentally deleted a windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  9. Accidentally deleted windows files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted windows files.: So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\ drive of the VM? I did exactly that, but instead accidentally chose the actual C:\ drive on my actual system and did not realize...
  10. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally deleted windows 10 microsoft store

2. accidentally deleted windows store

3. accidently deleted windows store