Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in

Discus and support Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I couldn't install a program and someone recommended I perform a clean boot. I disabled MS services instead of deselecting them and now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dumbdumbhead, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Dumbdumbhead Win User

Hi all. I couldn't install a program and someone recommended I perform a clean boot. I disabled MS services instead of deselecting them and now my password to Windows is not accepted.

I created an ISO file from another computer and tried to boot from that (on a USB hard drive). I opened the troubleshooting with shift-click and tried to run msconfig from a command prompt, but it wasn't found. The startup settings button is not present booting from the USB either. Have had no luck getting into safe mode. Now I simply tried to reinstall Windows from that ISO (my important files are on Dropbox) but the program is saying I cannot install on that drive because of BitLocker.

What should I do?

:)

Dumbdumbhead, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Sonya Win User

Suggestions on services to disable?

And finally these events from eventviewer took place on the 8th while I was busy working in Photoshop
    Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in [​IMG]

Sonya, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Marilou Ser Win User
    Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Sonya Win User

Suggestions on services to disable?

Sorry yes physically unplugged, ethernet cable is nowhere near pc anymore, has never had a wifi connection. Happens even before I plug in ethernet after a clean install. Starts with one of the many svchosts. Just a few screenshots of this happening.

Oh even posted a short video of this happening on youtube last year. Currently have not seen anything yet after disabling all that I have, including disabling the use of UDP for remote connections in Group Policy, in autoruns I also unchecked that box for "webplatform customizations" and changed the registry entries for SymlinkLocaltoRemote data value to 0 (also did this for the SymlinkRemotetoLocal as well).

Sonya, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in - Similar Threads - Accidentally disabled services

2. Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working: When I use the windows 10 game bar and try to record, about 1-3 minutes into the recording I get an error message that says "Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working" The recording stops and everything that I recorded does not save. Why is this happening? [Moved from :...
  3. Microsoft Office no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office no longer working: At 10:50 PM tonight (PST) in the middle of working my computer suddenly went to a blue screen and "restarted". When it came back on my Office programs (Word, Excel) no longer will open any of my documents and I get the following message: "The operating system is not presently...
  4. Bluetooth Audio fails to work intermittently on Dell Latitude 3460 running Windows 10 Pro...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio fails to work intermittently on Dell Latitude 3460 running Windows 10 Pro...: Trying to pair Boat Rockerz 600 Bluetooth headset with my laptop. The audio works for the first 5 seconds after adding the bluetooth device. But then audio stops working. Then I need to run the troubleshooter which only occassionally fixes the problem. Then I have to remove...
  5. Windows 10 MS Update Installed: (August 14, 2018—KB4343909) USB ports no longer recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 MS Update Installed: (August 14, 2018—KB4343909) USB ports no longer recognised: August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) Windows 10, version 1803 This update installs and all USB ports lose functionality. They appear in device driver menu but no error messages, system Health Checks show no problems, but any USB device "plugged in" does not read...
  6. DVD Player Won't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Player Won't Work: I bought this laptop in Nov 2017. Dell 15 inch. I have not bothered to use the DVD player since I have owned it. I inserted a DVD tonight and it did not automatically start like I expected it to do. I did the usual troubleshooting and nothing worked. I read some...
  7. my camera is not working after the updatehi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera is not working after the updatehi: Hi all I just had undergo an windows update in my pc but after that my camera is not working I tried to solve it but it doesn't working on can any one help me...
  8. Cannot Disable Auto Brightness Surface Pro 2017 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Disable Auto Brightness Surface Pro 2017 Windows 10: My new Surface Pro 5 (2017) keeps changing the brightness of the screen NO MATTER WHAT I DO. I've turned it off in basic settings, I've turned it off in the control panel power settings. And YET it still changes my screen brightness when I'm going from a dark screen to a...
  9. Windows 10 update not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update not working: My laptop Asus did an Windows update. Now when I open my laptop, it load,gives a bsod and restart and restart. I cant acess the fixing program and dont have a secound computer to put the usb recovery on it. Help asap Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off...
  10. sound not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound not working: I purchased an HP Pavilion 590 and have a Viewsonic HDMI monitor attached. I had to get a new cable because the old cable did not fit. The old cable had pin connectors and the new one has plug in on the side that plugs into the PC port Can anyone help?...