Windows 10: Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

Discus and support Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! I have encountered a problem with singing into my windows 10 laptop. While signing into my microsoft account in microsoft store, I think I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by May Cherry Aung, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

Hello! I have encountered a problem with singing into my windows 10 laptop. While signing into my microsoft account in microsoft store, I think I linked my microsoft account and my windows. Now, the sign-in information has changed. I cannot sign in to open my laptop with my old user password. It says incorrect password. For the pin, it says something went wrong and pin is not available. When I try to click on setup new pin, nothing happens. I connected to my wifi, too. It still did not work. I don’t remember what was the password i made with microsoft for my laptop. Now I’m stuck at sign-in

:)

May Cherry Aung, Feb 29, 2024

2. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

Hello! I have encountered a problem with singing into my windows 10 laptop. While signing into my microsoft account in microsoft store, I think I linked my microsoft account and my windows. Now, the sign-in information has changed. I cannot sign in to open my laptop with my old user password. It says incorrect password. For the pin, it says something went wrong and pin is not available. When I try to click on setup new pin, nothing happens. I connected to my wifi, too. It still did not work. I don’t remember what was the password i made with microsoft for my laptop. Now I’m stuck at sign-in window. Please help.

May Cherry Aung, Feb 29, 2024
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

1. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore. - Similar Threads - Accidentally linked microsoft

2. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.: Hello! I have encountered a problem with singing into my windows 10 laptop. While signing into my microsoft account in microsoft store, I think I linked my microsoft account and my windows. Now, the sign-in information has changed. I cannot sign in to open my laptop with my...
  3. Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally linked microsoft to windows sign-in and cannot sign in with user password anymore.: Hello! I have encountered a problem with singing into my windows 10 laptop. While signing into my microsoft account in microsoft store, I think I linked my microsoft account and my windows. Now, the sign-in information has changed. I cannot sign in to open my laptop with my...
  4. Cannot sign using password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign using password: I recently installed windows 10 on my hp 250 g2 notebook which came with a windows 8.1, The problem is I cannot sign in with the password I was using all along. How is this even possible?...
  5. Cannot sign using password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign using password: I recently installed windows 10 on my hp 250 g2 notebook which came with a windows 8.1, The problem is I cannot sign in with the password I was using all along. How is this even possible?...
  6. Cannot sign using password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Signing into windows with Microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into windows with Microsoft password: I have tried several times to login to my windows computer using my microsoft password but it's not working. I tried safe mode but that doesnt work either. It tel ls me device is offline use last password but I have tried every password I can think of and it still doesnt...
  8. Cannot sign in as Administrator anymore ... help please?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot sign in as Administrator anymore ... help please?: I have a big problem? I was getting this looping when I tried to update Windows home 10 so I looked at the help and one of the options was as follows Type: regedit in Start > Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList; Backup your...
  9. ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!: So yesterday I restarted my computer after an update and I type in my PIN as usual to login and then I get a message saying "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."...
  10. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password: Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the...