Windows 10: Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

Discus and support Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by avianagenda, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I made a new blank user account. I tested it out and noticed I still had access to all the files on my storage drive, which is exactly the opposite of what I wanted the new account for. So I went back to my admin account and edited the permissions on the drive by removing everything in the security tab "groups or user names" box other than administrator, assuming that would allow only me on my admin account to access it. However, now I get "/g is not accessible, access is denied" when I try to open it even on my admin account. In an attempt to fix it I've enabled sharing for 'Everyone' and made sure all permission boxes were checked for Administrator. How do I regain access?

:)

avianagenda, Jun 17, 2016

2. I locked myself out of my phone!!!

Oh my goodness, I cannot thank you enough for this. THANK YOU!!!

AwesomePossum, Jun 17, 2016
  3. bex1306 Win User
    Help please! Locked myself out of my E63

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I decided I'd better put a security code into my phone in case I lost it. Unfortunately I should have read how to do this first rather than just plough right in - which of course I did! I now can't get into my phone - it says
    PIN code blocked. Enter PUK Code. I can't find what the PUK code is. I've tried 12345 but to no avail. Really hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

Becky

bex1306, Jun 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

1. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive? - Similar Threads - Accidentally locked myself

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  4. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  6. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  7. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10: I locked it by accident from my micrsoft account using the internet on my phone. My laptop is now saying “this device is locked by an administrator. Have an administrator to sign in” when i try to put in my pin its saying the same thing. Is there away to unlock it from my...
  9. Locked myself out of C:?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked myself out of C:?: So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it. 178050
  10. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.: I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes. Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator settings, and my only account is just a guest user. I've tried all I could, using the regedit and the SAM file stuff, and I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive? how to recover this