Windows 10: Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

Discus and support Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by avianagenda, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I made a new blank user account. I tested it out and noticed I still had access to all the files on my storage drive, which is exactly the opposite of what I wanted the new account for. So I went back to my admin account and edited the permissions on the drive by removing everything in the security tab "groups or user names" box other than administrator, assuming that would allow only me on my admin account to access it. However, now I get "/g is not accessible, access is denied" when I try to open it even on my admin account. In an attempt to fix it I've enabled sharing for 'Everyone' and made sure all permission boxes were checked for Administrator. How do I regain access?

:)

avianagenda, Jun 17, 2016

2. I locked myself out of my phone!!!

Oh my goodness, I cannot thank you enough for this. THANK YOU!!!

AwesomePossum, Jun 17, 2016
  3. bex1306 Win User
    Help please! Locked myself out of my E63

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I decided I'd better put a security code into my phone in case I lost it. Unfortunately I should have read how to do this first rather than just plough right in - which of course I did! I now can't get into my phone - it says
    PIN code blocked. Enter PUK Code. I can't find what the PUK code is. I've tried 12345 but to no avail. Really hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

Becky

bex1306, Jun 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

1. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive? - Similar Threads - Accidentally locked myself

2. Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions: Okay so... I was talking to a Microsoft service person via direct message last night. They had me change the permissions on my C Drive, so I can fix the "all my new folders are stuck on "Read Only" issue. BUT something went wrong.... And now I don't have permission to...
  3. Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password: Can i disable the bit locker from Hard Drive as i forgot the password. And i don't even remember the recovery key? If Yes than could you give assistant with procedure?...
  4. Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer: Bitlocker locked me out of external hard drive on home computer. Using Window 10 Home on HP laptop. Windows 10 reinstall carried out remotely by Microsoft support and now I can no longer get access to all my documents, photos music etc. I never installed Bitlocker and my...
  5. locking myself out of time settings

locking myself out of time settings: Background: Hi I'm using an app called cold turkey to block problematic distractions while I'm working but it doesn't work that well since it doesn't block myself from changing the time settings (i.e. I can circumvent a block by making it 'next year now'). The guy who wrote...
  6. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.: My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into not responding to the point of me having to use commands to restart my computer as even task manager immediately goes not...
  7. external hard drive is locked

external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  8. Hard drive gets locked.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive gets locked.: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" This is the message I got when windows 10 stopped working.. From that it said my computer has an unrepairable problem we will collect the information and restart it for you. It never did restart, so I tried with the...
  9. locked out of thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out of thumb drive: I have a "disk on key", when plugged into the computer I see it show up as "removable disk" with a letter assigned to it. When I try going into it, I get a pop up window: "please insert a disk into removable disk (f: ).". In short I cannot get any information from the thumb...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...