Windows 10: Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

Discus and support Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theCeiling, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that it did not work the way I wanted it to I tried to reset to default, but instead of moving the Documents library back to C: drive, it gives me an error.
    Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD [​IMG]

EDIT: Sorry, I just found the thread I was looking for, completely fixed my problem, Thank You

P.S. Here's the thread if anyone wants it.

Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

:)

theCeiling, Jul 14, 2017
  2. GracePun Win User

Removing an accidental shortcut of a Library

Hi,

I have accidentally created another library of my documents library and have moved it to the Pictures Library. How can I delete the new library without deleting the original Document Library?

Thanks

GracePun, Jul 14, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    added a solid state hard drive,

Hi josh,

You can do some of the, but you will have a bit of work to do . . .

First, you cannot link your old programs on the old hard drive and have them run under Windows 10 on the new drive, they will require re-installing. When a program is installed it installs files in numerous locations and also registry keys into the Windows
    Registry

You can have all your user libraries, files and folders over on the HDD

Open Windows file Explorer

In Quick Access, right click the Documents Library

Choose the Location Tab then in the Location Box type the location on the HDD you want your Documents folder to be and apply

Please Note: do not just Enter D: you must Specify a folder like D:\Users\Documents

Otherwise your files will end up all over the HDD

Do this for each of the user library folders to move them from the SSD to the HDD

My Advice would be not to move the Desktop Library Folder

Then when the new folder structure had been created on the HDD, move everything from the old Users folder into the new folder structure

DaveM121, Jul 14, 2017
Thema:

Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

1. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD - Similar Threads - Accidentally moved Documents

2. Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path: So I accidentally moved the Documents C:\Users\Ken\Documents folder to D:\ path, when I click Documents shortcut now, it go to D:\ now, I tried to reset to default but it said cannot move the folder to that location. Which made everything is under Documents folder now, is...
  3. Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path: So I accidentally moved the Documents C:\Users\Ken\Documents folder to D:\ path, when I click Documents shortcut now, it go to D:\ now, I tried to reset to default but it said cannot move the folder to that location. Which made everything is under Documents folder now, is...
  4. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder: So I was moving around some folders since I recently installed a storage drive and from some errors I was trying to correct with program file paths accidentally merged my user folder and documents folder. I have managed to restore the documents folder however my user folder...
  5. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder: So I was moving around some folders since I recently installed a storage drive and from some errors I was trying to correct with program file paths accidentally merged my user folder and documents folder. I have managed to restore the documents folder however my user folder...
  6. HELP! Was moving around and accidentally merged user folder and documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I accidentally merged my Documents and 3D Objects Library - sos?

I accidentally merged my Documents and 3D Objects Library - sos?: I should have known better from the warnings it was giving me. I had been attempting to put the 3d Objects folder withinthe documents folder because I thought "well why would I want those file types organized separately from my regular documents folder" but at this point I...
  8. Moving Documents

Moving Documents: I am trying to relocate my Documents folder to an external drive. To do this I have been going to Documents>Properties>Location and then choosing a folder on the external drive as the desired location for my Documents folder. I get the typical, "Microsoft recommends moving...
  9. ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders: Question After I "Moved" Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders From SSD to Other Internal HDD Drive ------------ So the process was simple enough and relatively successful. Everything in the aforementioned folders is now on the HDD under specific...
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...