Windows 10: Accidentally pasted 2000 files to desktop - how to view them

Discus and support Accidentally pasted 2000 files to desktop - how to view them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to paste 2000 files to a folder on my desktop and accidentally pasted them to the desktop. I've moved the visible ones but some are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hazel123, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hazel123 Win User

Accidentally pasted 2000 files to desktop - how to view them

I was trying to paste 2000 files to a folder on my desktop and accidentally pasted them to the desktop. I've moved the visible ones but some are offscreen. How do I find/view them to move them please? I used to know how to do this in Windows 7 but can't remember!

:)

Hazel123, Jun 4, 2017
  2. JonDeHart Win User

Cannot find Pictures & music after Windows 10 upgrade

Have not tried yet. due to Apple phone changes there are 2000 photos do not know how to copy and paste on this new system 2000 photos of my work sounds like a lot of time I do not have. how do I copy and paste large files/

JonDeHart, Jun 4, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop.ini & thumbs.db

No it will not cause viewing problems, most hidden files are Windows System files and are hidden so the general public do not mess with them or accidentally delete them.

DaveM121, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Oooops! *Sad

Desktop is a folder like any other. You can see it in File Explorer, it should be easier to sort out the files there. Open File Explorer and type Desktop in its address bar.

Bree, Jun 4, 2017
  5. me75006 Win User
    navigate to (example)
    c:\Users\Hazel123\Desktop

me75006, Jun 4, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    As suggested above, you can of course paste them to where they were meant to go from the desktop folder.

swarfega, Jun 4, 2017
  7. Hazel123 Win User
    Thanks! Sorted. The only strange thing was there was nothing extra there. I cancelled part way through so maybe I managed to move them all, but there's an icon missing still *Confused I've just reinstated it - what the heck!

Hazel123, Jun 4, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

FYI, right clicking the area where the paste was (desktop) and clicking Undo Copy or Undo Move works, provided you've done no other copy/move actions afterwards since it'll only apply to the last paste action.

sygnus21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally pasted 2000 files to desktop - how to view them - Similar Threads - Accidentally pasted 2000

2. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  3. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  4. How to view/open JPEG 2000 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view/open JPEG 2000 files: How do I get Win11 to open/view JPEG 2000 JPF files. It seems a bit weird that I have programs that will let me save as a JPF, but I can't view them in Photos or in File Explorer. With my NEF files there was a simple codec download but I can't fine one for JPEG 2000....
  5. How to view/open JPEG 2000 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to view/open JPEG 2000 files: How do I get Win11 to open/view JPEG 2000 JPF files. It seems a bit weird that I have programs that will let me save as a JPF, but I can't view them in Photos or in File Explorer. With my NEF files there was a simple codec download but I can't fine one for JPEG 2000....
  6. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000: I just purchased a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 but there is no manual /instructions. I can't even find any online that I trust to open. HELP!!![Moved from Microsoft Education/Learning Tools/Other]...
  7. How to disable desktop view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable desktop view: I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting, actually, totally useless, aspect of Windows. Having what I am working on suddenly disappear because the mouse has drifted...
  8. I accidentally deleted the desktop file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted the desktop file: So I kinda screwed up. Through command prompt, I was trying to delete a specific folder, but instead deleted my entire desktop folder. Now my desktop is empty, but if I search for the app it comes up. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/Scidude42 [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidental drag and drop of files to $RECYCLE.BIN - How do I recover them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental drag and drop of files to $RECYCLE.BIN - How do I recover them?: I'm on 1903 just updated prior to the problem. I have turned on the option to display hidden files and folders. I was dragging a folder to a new location. The drop point was the left hand directory pane near the top. The window scrolled as the folder was dropped and the...
  10. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...