Windows 10: Accidently lost Admin account

Discus and support Accidently lost Admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Was playing around with settings on my computer to ensure I do not need a password to log in, but once I set that up, I got locked out of admin. When I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by i8u2manytimes, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Accidently lost Admin account

Was playing around with settings on my computer to ensure I do not need a password to log in, but once I set that up, I got locked out of admin. When I try to open files that require admin, it asks to insert admin details however does not give a box to type in username or password.

:)

i8u2manytimes, Feb 21, 2016

2. Don't remember password on my administrator account

System Restore (rstrui.exe) should restore the previous state.

Having a fully tested spare admin account would avoid such accidents.

Frederik Long, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Accidently lost Admin account

Hello and welcome to TenForums!

If you can, use system restore to revert back to a previous point when things were working. and then you can try again to avoid entering the password by using the following tutorial. Due to the fact that you seem to have lost Admin rights you may find this difficult to do unless you can boot from a recovery disk and access the advanced startup options.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

If you really did want to remove a password from your account you can do this (but I suggest you are more secure with a password):

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Accidently lost Admin account

1. Accidently lost Admin account - Similar Threads - Accidently lost Admin

2. Lost admin account email no longer valid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost admin account email no longer valid: I have pc I set up 5 year's ago, I created admin account.... not thinking i deleted email now I cant do anything on my pc …. I have no cash for fresh install ideas ? I've tried safe mode and a new local account * Moved from Community Participation Center* OS assumed to be...
  3. Admin Account deleted accident windows

Admin Account deleted accident windows: I accidentally deleted my Admin user account and now I am unable to control my pc. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-deleted-accident-windows/2c13b148-c250-4567-9420-bc3ee8cdb998
  4. Son's Microsoft account accidently set as PC's admin owner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Son's Microsoft account accidently set as PC's admin owner: We have been using a local admin login for years on this windows 10 PC. About a year ago he was logged into his Microsoft account on the Xbox app. He was suddenly presented with a popup window asking if he wanted his Microsoft email and account to be used as the local admin...
  5. Lost admin rights on my account

Lost admin rights on my account: Windows has created a duplicate account for same username without admin rights. Now every time I login it login with that account so I cannot access my original admin account. BitLocker is enabled on my laptop so I cannot reset Administrator account using safe mode. I can...
  6. Lost access to my Admin Account

Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  7. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  8. Lost admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin: I remove my admin of mistake when I was removing my login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin/65abe316-2542-4752-8529-27edff63afa7
  9. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  10. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...