Windows 10: Account Compromised

Discus and support Account Compromised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So late June, a lot of my accounts were compromised. Apple, Steam, and Microsoft. I managed to cancel the preorders here before I got charged but I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamKaus, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Account Compromised

So late June, a lot of my accounts were compromised. Apple, Steam, and Microsoft. I managed to cancel the preorders here before I got charged but I'm extremely aggravated that Microsoft doesn't have an "Email Us" option for contacting support. I want them to ban all activity from the IP address that tried to buy two games with my payment information. Can anyone point me to a support email so I can actually get a hold of them?

:)

WilliamKaus, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account compromised

Hello Ade,

Thank you fo rposting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the Microsoft Account you are using has been compromised which resulted in several security features barring you from making essential changes (including login).

If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one at https://signup.live.com

If it still does not help, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Do one of the following:
    A. If you can still sign in to your Microsoft account, you should change your password immediately. This will prevent anyone who knows your password from accessing the account. On the
    Security & privacy page, tap or click Change password and then follow the instructions.

B. If you can't sign in to your account, your password may have been changed. Tap or click
    Can't access your account? Select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account, tap or click
    Next, and follow the instructions.

You can also go directly to the
    Reset your password
    page, and follow the instructions.

Refer: Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 11, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

Account Compromised

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Account Compromised

1. Account Compromised - Similar Threads - Account Compromised

2. Microsoft account compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account compromised: Last night my account was accessed from IP addresses from Russia and Brasil and there was another attempt from Pakistan. Could someone contact me to help resolve the issue and check for potential damage?...
  3. Microsoft account compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account compromised: Last night my account was accessed from IP addresses from Russia and Brasil and there was another attempt from Pakistan. Could someone contact me to help resolve the issue and check for potential damage?...
  4. My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...: My Microsoft account as a whole was compromised, I was able to regain control of the account, and change the password for the account, but I need to create a new microsoft account and move everything to the new one, and I don't need help with windows, I need help with my...
  5. My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...

My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...: My Microsoft account as a whole was compromised, I was able to regain control of the account, and change the password for the account, but I need to create a new microsoft account and move everything to the new one, and I don't need help with windows, I need help with my...
  6. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  7. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  8. How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...: How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11 security is all messed up? should I go for only local accounts.Please give a detailed explanation....
  9. How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...

How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...: How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11 security is all messed up? should I go for only local accounts.Please give a detailed explanation....
  10. account compromised

account compromised: Hi.please help.i believe my Microsoft account has been hacked i have tried resolving on line but just going in circles it seems the hacker has changed the username, when i use my email to recover the username i get sent a code to the email but for security some of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone message says microsoft account has been compromised