Windows 10: Account e-mail major problem.

Discus and support Account e-mail major problem. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am asking on behalf of an elderly gent, first of all a bit of history. He had a desktop running windows XP for years, however it started... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rigger100472, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Account e-mail major problem.

Hi, I am asking on behalf of an elderly gent, first of all a bit of history.

He had a desktop running windows XP for years, however it started playing up and he decided to buy a new one. The guy in the shop (PC world) set it up for him and he took it home.

The problem is he set it up with the administrator account being associated with a really old e-mail ( I can only assume he got the details from the old chap himself) and for which he doesn't know the password. He took it back to PC world and they simply placed a pin number on the login with the old e-mail and he now uses that to unlock his PC. Still not too much of an issue until he tries to change something which required administrator permission and for which the password is required.

I went to see if I could help and when I tried to change the e-mail to his more recent one the old e-mail isn't even listed. The computer is saying that the e-mail associated is the new one?????

Tried restarting to check the login and its the old e-mail. Don't know what's going on and PC world don't seem to know how to sort this either.

Since the computer is new I thought I'd try a factory restore but it asks which account needs to be restored and asks for the password again. I'm really stuck here and I cant fathom what to do.

:)

Rigger100472, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Oso Primo Win User

Set up MAIL

Can't sync. Try to put in an account & get Error Code 0x80040154 ????? Major problem when you are trying to e-mail from an email or

site. It always sends me to the email.

Oso Primo, Mar 12, 2016
  3. dumpc6_00 Win User
    c6 email problem

same problem E-mail Re-sync is major for mine

dumpc6_00, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Account e-mail major problem.

1. Account e-mail major problem. - Similar Threads - Account mail major

2. e mail accounts and microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    e mail accounts and microsoft accounts: It is so tiring that every time I use an account that signing in is so much bs . Every time I try to enter your company says I'm wrong . So I enter it again , again you tell me I'm wrong . No darn way . I have been working this problem for several days . You just will not let...
  3. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail problem: I installed my att.net e-mail. System says it was installed correctly, but later I get message saying can not sync! I tried changing passwords and also deleting mail and calendar application, but problem persists. How can I repair this problem?...
  4. E-mail problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-mail problem: Hello, first of all, I received a message via e-mail from a foreign overseas person, she asked for personal information from me I'm suspicious for this message malware, vırus, how can I detect virus and spyware, if I got it infected my email, do I have to close my account?...
  5. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-mail problem: I have installed Windows to a friend. For this purpose, I gave my Hotmail e-mail address to log in. I tried then to remove this e-mail and use another e-mail address. I have created a new e-mail address with the name of my friend. I think I made a mistake somewhere. Now,...
  6. e mail account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e mail account: I have downloaded Apache Open Office 4 and my outgoing email is routed through Microsoft MAIL. I would like to change that to Webmail. Can this be done??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-account/5e009353-44ca-4150-a437-3d30e9bc201c
  7. E,MAIL PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E,MAIL PROBLEM: WHY IS MY E,MAIL FLICKERING AND I CAN,T OPEM ANY OF MY E,MAILS ORDO ANY OPERATIONS THAT I USUALY DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-problem/23ab01b9-0f2c-4f4a-a7b5-944b0de204f6
  8. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-mail problem: ** This Thread moved to English forum** ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*** To; Microsoft Community Dear sir, Pls be advised...
  9. E MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    E MAIL problem: My brother in law recieved a boarding pass from his travel company in pdf format on his Levono tablet.He couldn`t open it to download so he e mailed it to me and I couldn`t open it in Windows 10.We then asked the travel company to e mail it direct to me and it opened...
  10. E-Mail Account Question

in Browsers and Email
    E-Mail Account Question: I have two email accounts in Windows 10. One Hotmail and one Outlook. I used to be able to click the email box and be given the option as to which account I wanted to open. Then after an update I had to press the spacebar to be given the option to choose. After an update...