Windows 10: Account Lockout Policy is not working

Discus and support Account Lockout Policy is not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aleksey, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Aleksey Win User

Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

:)

Aleksey, Aug 5, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My child i believe has locked me out of my desktop.

The issue can occur if your child has mistyped the password several times and the system will block the account for logging on

The default lockout period is 30 minutes . . .

To stop this happening again:

1. Open Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy

2. Click Security Settings - Account Policies - Account Lockout Policy

3. Double-click Account lockout threshold, and type 0 to make “the account will not lock out”

4. Click OK

DaveM121, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Specz Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App Won't Sync

Hi Jarvin13,

I had exactly the same issue and managed to solve it by:

• Ensure Windows is fully up to date
    • Remove the account from the mail app and make sure to clear any credentials from cred manager
    Then open up secpol.msc and set:

• Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit = 900 seconds
    • Account Policies > Account Lockout Policy > Account lockout threshold = 8 (leave others at default)
    • Account Policies > Minimum Password Length = 4 characters
    • Account Policies > Password must meet complexity requirements = enabled
    My 'security policies' (we have none enforced by O365) were slightly different but it appears you can totally ignore:

AllowWifi: 1

AllowBluetooth: 2

AllowStorageCard: 1

AllowsDesktopSync: 1

AllowCamera: 1

AllowBrowser: 1

AllowInternetSharing: 1

And just modify the secpol settings for:

DevicePasswordEnabled: 0

AlphanumericDevicePassword: 2

MinDevicePasswordComplexCharacters: 3

Hope that helps you!

Specz, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Account Lockout Policy is not working

1. Account Lockout Policy is not working - Similar Threads - Account Lockout Policy

2. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  3. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  4. "Allow Administrator account lockout" policy does not work (and its documentation is also...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Allow Administrator account lockout" policy does not work (and its documentation is also...: The cumulative update KB5018410 introduced a new group policy Allow Administrator account lockout to Windows 10, accessible via Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Account Lockout Policies in the Group Policy...
  5. AD account lockout

in Windows 10 Customization
    AD account lockout: Google wasn't much help, so I'm asking here.I connect to my employer's network over the Barracuda VPN client. I use a Win10 Pro computer to RDP into another Win10 Pro computer over/through that VPN connection.Today, my home lost power for literally 1 second, which dropped my...
  6. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  7. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  8. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Account lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account lockout: First off, I didn't have a password on my laptop, as I only had the one account "Customer PC" and have operated this way for over two years. A week ago, I booted up my laptop, and instead of asking to sign in I usually just hit enter and it logs in, I got a "Password...
  10. Is there an equivalent to the 'Account lockout threshold' security policy setting for...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there an equivalent to the 'Account lockout threshold' security policy setting for...: My understanding is that Windows 10 Home users don't have access to the Account lockout threshold security policy setting and by extension the Account lockout duration policy setting because Local Security Policy isn't available in Windows 10 Home. Is there an equivalent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows account lockout policy not working

2. settings for:DevicePasswordEnabled: 0

3. account lockout threshold is not working