Windows 10: Account Management

Discus and support Account Management in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new to Windows 10. Longtime Windows 7 user. I tried to add a separate account on my laptop for my wife but it seems somehow I made her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PillBox, Feb 19, 2017.

1. PillBox Win User

Account Management

Hello,

I'm new to Windows 10. Longtime Windows 7 user. I tried to add a separate account on my laptop for my wife but it seems somehow I made her the administrator of my account.

I thought I was adding a new account via the "Add a family member" option. She signed in with her hotmail account and all of a sudden she's the administrator on what used to be my account. It even changed the lock-screen password I had on my laptop. I cant seem to undo this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

PillBox, Feb 19, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Manage account

1- Log out of your Standard account.

2- Log in to your Administrator Account.

3- Promote the Standard account to Administrator at Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage another account

BulldogXX, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Walter V Munza, Feb 19, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Account Management

I would delete the family account you created for her and create an actual second user on the computer. I would start with a local account so you can set the exact username you want on the account (which will be the name the folder is given under \Users). Then switch it to a Microsoft Account login if you want, and change the account type to an administrator if you want. Option 3 here, and make sure to use the option under "Other Users", "Add someone else to this PC":

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option3

NavyLCDR, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Account Management

1. Account Management - Similar Threads - Account Management

2. Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices: I tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and the error message showed up, "Try that again. We've run into an unexpected error, please sign in again."Yes, I did input the correct email and password. I also tried signing in with a different account and it did not...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices: I tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and the error message showed up, "Try that again. We've run into an unexpected error, please sign in again."Yes, I did input the correct email and password. I also tried signing in with a different account and it did not...
  4. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...: It doesn't allow me to change the region of my Microsoft account, I get the error "You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts." and I don't manage any minor account and they...
  5. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...: It doesn't allow me to change the region of my Microsoft account, I get the error "You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts." and I don't manage any minor account and they...
  6. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  8. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  9. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account

New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account: I recently updated my Windows 11 and got a new feature. This new feature helps with mobile devices and Phone Link.It can be found on Windows 11 Settings < Bluetooth & devices < Mobile devices < Manage devices.From what I saw, your account should automatically sign in but mine...