Windows 10: Account name user name

Discus and support Account name user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brink, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Account name user name

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
  2. donnylad Win User

Hi should my username which is len*****@outlook.com be the same as my account name which is ca*****@btinternet.com , and if so how can I change the username please.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Apr 26, 2018
  3. Gabriel62 Win User
    Name of User Account

I Have a New PC preloaded with windows 10 and Laptop upgraded to Windows 10.

I have routines that I run from my PC when at home and Laptop when I'm away bit my new PC has created a 5 character user name that dose not match my laptop use name. Now I can only run my routines on one machine.

How to I set Windows to have the same username on all my devices (Also have a backup PC and Laptop)

Gabriel62, Apr 26, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Account name user name

Name of User Account

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Which account are you using?

• How many account are there in your system?
    Set up a Microsoft account, and all of your Microsoft services—from Office to Outlook to Skype—work together through a single sign-in. Whether you use Windows, iOS, or Android devices, or switch between all three, your account keeps everything you
    need on the device in hand.

Refer the link below and check if I

Create your Microsoft Account Today

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...9-3b71286549a9/sign-in-to-a-microsoft-account

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Apr 26, 2018
  5. Hi Len

I think first we have to clarify what these two things are before members cam answer.

Your username is likely your Microsoft account, use to sign into MS services. They are moving to the Google model, one account name that allows you to sign into all services.

In MS case your Windows 10 computer, your Skype, Onedrive, Office 365, xBox, etc.

The other address you provided looks like your service providers email address.

Is this correct?

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
  6. donnylad Win User
    Hi Ken...It seems that my microsoft account is case*****@btinternet.com but my user shows up as len***@outlook.com.
    I jut thought that they should be the same ....are you saying that they do not have to be,?
    Thanks
    Len

donnylad, Apr 27, 2018
  7. I know of no requirement to be the same but we all use our machines differently. Like I don't xBox.

Could I ask where you see these two names. The microsoft account name is likely displayed on the password screen when you sig in, correct?

Where do you see your User name?

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Account name user name

Brink, Apr 27, 2018
  9. donnylad Win User
    Hi Ken...I go to settings and click YOUR INFO and it says USER len****@outlook.com
    and Administrator
    But when I click "manage my Microsoft account" it goes to the account page and says
    My name Len******** and underneath my name it says case******@btinternet.com and
    it gives me all the options
    of PAYMENT BILLING etc and at the top if I click YOUR INFO it says my name again but
    case******@btinternet.comand my date of birth.
    Where it says "Manage your sign in email and number" if I click on that it comes up with
    case*****@btinternet.com but no phone and I can't see where to put one in apart from
    the info name contadiction.
    Hope that helps.
    Hi Brink...I went and looked to see change emails but it only said the one and it was case*****@btinternet.com
    (Primary) also it did not have a phone number there but it must be because I had to verify myself and it sent
    me a code to send to get in.
    don't understand at all.
    Len

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  10. So I think Brink is on to something.

I followed your path and when I click "Manage your sign in email and number I see a page with account aliases and below that add an email or add a phone number

If you navigate accounts.microsoft.com (on a browser you don't normally use so it won't auto sign in) can you try logging in to

len****@outlook.com

And then check Your info.

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2018
  11. donnylad Win User
    Okay this happened..I went to accounts and this time on the account page it has changed and now says len*******@outlook.com so when I click on YOUR INFO it is still len******@ then I click on manage email or phone it wants my password if I put in the one I have been using I get this
    Enter password
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.
    The password is incorrect. Please try again, or sign in with a different account. Need help signing in?

Password
    So what I did then was put in the one I have for my outlook email and that works
    I have gone in to manage and to remove but on each one it says it is a primary alias and I cannot remove either. They both have different passwords and one cannot see the other in fact when I try to put another alias in and put case****@ it says it can't because I already have it.
    Help!!!!

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Len,

Is is possible that you have two separate Microsoft accounts? One for each email address.

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  13. donnylad Win User

Account name user name

can I get rid of one? please

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    First, we will need to verify this is the case before deleting any accounts. We wouldn't want to think we're deleting one, and end up deleting both.

Run the command in Option Two below to get details for all accounts on your PC, and post them here. Be sure to blank out any personal info. This will let us see if these may be two separate accounts or not.

*Arrow View User Account Details in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  15. donnylad Win User
    Hope this is what you want
    AccountType=512
    Description=Built-in account for administering the computer/domain
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=MSI
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=Administrator
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=TRUE
    SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-500
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=A user account managed by the system.
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=MSI
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=DefaultAccount
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-503
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=Built-in account for guest access to the computer/domain
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=MSI
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=Guest
    PasswordChangeable=FALSE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-501
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=
    Disabled=FALSE
    Domain=MSI
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=user
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-1001
    SIDType=1
    Status=OK

AccountType=512
    Description=A user account managed and used by the system for Windows Defender Application Guard scenarios.
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=MSI
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=WDAGUtilityAccount
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=TRUE
    PasswordRequired=TRUE
    SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-504
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Account name user name

1. Account name user name - Similar Threads - Account name user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User name account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name account: When I set up my new computer I mistyped my user name. I ran the userpasswords2 to update the user name but when i look in file explorer under Users it only has the old name. How do i rename this folder?...
  6. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  7. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  8. User account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account name: How do I change the user account name of a non-administrator account on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-name/9bb32d57-f261-4420-80b6-229a8e4367c1
  9. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...
  10. Change user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....