Windows 10: Account Not Showing Up and I can't Log in

Discus and support Account Not Showing Up and I can't Log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a massive issue. When I start my computer, I get the log in screen. However, my account seems to be gone. It asks for a password,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BryanUsrey1, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Account Not Showing Up and I can't Log in

Hello,

I am having a massive issue. When I start my computer, I get the log in screen. However, my account seems to be gone. It asks for a password, I type it in, and then it says "please enter username and password". I have no area to enter a username, but I never had to do that in the past. It's as if Windows forgot my account and I have no way to get past the log in screen. I have attached two photos as well to explain this better.

All of this happened when I shut the computer down after getting a black screen for a few moments. Maybe I shut down during an update or something.

https://i.imgur.com/Pdwtrnk.jpg

:)

BryanUsrey1, Aug 23, 2016
  2. gtalan Win User

Missing administrator account

After I received the anniversary update I can't log into x-box in the pc, Cortana can only do web search and now I see I have no administrator account. I screwed up and deleted my Microsoft account and can't open a new one, other online at the Microsoft
    website but I can't log on to it, it shows up on the lock window but it will not let me log on it.

I have tried to log on to the hidden administrator in the computer management but that doesn't show any users and I can't find anything about a administrator of any kind.

Is it possible to delete the anniversary update and get the admin account back ?

gtalan, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

Bump please. My normal account isn't showing up and it is automatically logging into Administrator.

Esporacchius, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Account Not Showing Up and I can't Log in

Have you tried clicking on the arrow to find another account?

Samuria, Aug 23, 2016
  5. I am not sure which arrow you mean. I click on the one next the password box but it just acts as an enter key, and says enter username and password.

BryanUsrey1, Aug 23, 2016
  6. Vesao Win User
    Boot your computer in Safe Mode and see if you could login.

Vesao, Aug 28, 2016
  7. I cannot. It still asks for a username and password.

BryanUsrey1, Sep 3, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Sep 3, 2016
  9. Cheers. I'll try it out.

BryanUsrey1, Sep 3, 2016
  10. The first step, I get "the system cannot find the path specified".

BryanUsrey1, Sep 8, 2016
  11. I managed to do most of the tasks, but after entering the new username at the prompt and rebooting, the new username does not show up. I am still stuck.

BryanUsrey1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Account Not Showing Up and I can't Log in - Similar Threads - Account Showing can't

2. I can't log into my admin account anymore it won't show up in the sign in anymore can...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my admin account anymore it won't show up in the sign in anymore can...: I need someone to tell me how to get back into my admin account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-admin-account-anymore-it-wont/e799e555-bda3-40d3-a187-fcb957952760
  3. I can't log into my admin account anymore it won't show up in the sign in anymore can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my admin account anymore it won't show up in the sign in anymore can...: I need someone to tell me how to get back into my admin account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-admin-account-anymore-it-wont/e799e555-bda3-40d3-a187-fcb957952760
  4. I can't log into my admin account anymore it won't show up in the sign in anymore can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account: Hello sir , I am a windows 11 user.There was a virus in my system , so I wanted to delete it and booted into safe mode and successfully deleted the file and it's associated files. However , when I restarted and tried to log into my account normally, it says my pin isn't...
  6. I can't log into my account

I can't log into my account: Hello sir , I am a windows 11 user.There was a virus in my system , so I wanted to delete it and booted into safe mode and successfully deleted the file and it's associated files. However , when I restarted and tried to log into my account normally, it says my pin isn't...
  7. Can't log into account

Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  8. Can't log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  9. Can't log into account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. want Wife’s account to show up at Windows Log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    want Wife’s account to show up at Windows Log in: I just set up an HP computer for my wife. When the computer boots, it shows my account and asks for my pin. I added my wife as a family member, but that didn’t change the login screen. The old laptop is working properly showing wife’s account for login and I am an...