Windows 10: Account picture showing twice during login

Discus and support Account picture showing twice during login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, So i ran the netplwiz command in order to remove the option of requiring a password on login every time the computer boots, but now its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015.

1. JohnnyV Win User

Account picture showing twice during login

Hey guys,

So i ran the netplwiz command in order to remove the option of requiring a password on login every time the computer boots, but now its showing my account picture twice on the welcome screen during login.

It's not really a big issue but its more so a "nuisance" that im wanting fixed.

Anyone have an idea on how to correct this issue?

:)

JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015

2. remove my picture when I do the account start up

Is the picture showing above your login credentials during startup? Have you tried deleting the picture from your folder? How about changing your account picture from settings>accounts>Your info?

CourageDog, Mar 16, 2015
  3. How to disable autologin after upgrade to Windows 10

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I had a user account (non-administrator) set to autologin to Windows7 for my home desktop.

During the upgrade, I allowed this non-administrative user account to be converted to my Microsoft account and selected a PIN to login locally. Upgrade was successful and login to administrative and user account works fine.

However, when I reboot Windows 10 tries to login to my former local account which, of course, fails because the password is no longer valid.

The former user account and new PIN account have the same username, i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so I see the same account twice on the reboot screen - once for old local password login; once for new PIN login.

Cannot find anywhere in Windows 10 to disable auto-login for the account. Ran the Windows 7 "netplwiz" utility and my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** shows up twice but does not allow me to change the auto-login parameter anymore.

"net user" shows old account; doesn't seem to show login with Microsoft account.

This is more of a nuisance since after reboot, I can then login with my new PIN enabled account but I would like to get rid of the unnecessary attempt to autologin with my old password.

Any ideas on how to disable the old autologin from Windows 10?

Richard1076, Mar 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

It's a known issue.. there is a fix here on this site and it does work but I'm going to wait for the next build and with luck that issue has been addressed.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  5. JohnnyV Win User
    Link?

JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't recall .. you can use the search tool. If I get some time later today I'll look and another member might post that link.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  9. Charlie Win User
    Charlie, Mar 16, 2015
  10. JohnnyV Win User
    Thanks guys, worked great!

JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    Welcome to the forums JohnnyV

12. JohnnyV Win User
    Thanks man!

JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015
  13. Account picture showing twice during login

Hi

That worked for me, it even seemed to speed up my boot time?
    At least the first time, it booted very quickly when I started it up after the required shutdown.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Account picture showing twice during login - Similar Threads - Account picture showing

2. Authorization Errors During Account Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authorization Errors During Account Login: Whenever I attempt to log into my account, I consistently face multiple unsuccessful authorization attempts. Even after successfully authorizing once, I am prompted to authorize again. If I alter the verification method, it redirects me to a different account, forcing me to...
  3. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell logo has started showing twice during boot: I've recently switched legacy to uefi. Everything is working fine except for one minor thing. Before switching I would power on my laptop and the dell logo would appear with a blue loading line and then windows would boot. But since switching to uefi, I power on and the dell...
  4. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell logo has started showing twice during boot: I've recently switched legacy to uefi. Everything is working fine except for one minor thing. Before switching I would power on my laptop and the dell logo would appear with a blue loading line and then windows would boot. But since switching to uefi, I power on and the dell...
  5. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Mircosoft login in twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mircosoft login in twice: I recently just got a new pc and keep trying to log in to my mircosoft account. It asks me to log in with my email and password, then this message appears "Sign into this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...
  7. Mircosoft login in twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircosoft login in twice: I recently just got a new pc and keep trying to log in to my mircosoft account. It asks me to log in with my email and password, then this message appears "Sign into this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...
  8. Mircosoft login in twice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Temp account created during login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp account created during login: The other day Windows scared the crap out of me. The usual PIN screen as always, entering it gave a blue screen error (not bsod, just full blue screen) saying something like Login provider not available. Tried again, same thing. Tried with regular password, same. No...
  10. Same user account twice on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same user account twice on login screen: Hi all, I have a very weird situation going on on my login screen: basically, the username appears twice and, if I click on the second 'username', I get a different login screen but it logs into the same account anyway? I have taken a couple of screenshots, as they better...