Windows 10: Account security update requires 30day period when I try to access by Bitlocker recovery key

Discus and support Account security update requires 30day period when I try to access by Bitlocker recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had updated my Windows 10 after which I started getting a Bitlocker recovery key screen though I had not turned Bitlocker ON. As I had forgotten my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AtulKedia, Sep 3, 2018.

1. AtulKedia Win User

Account security update requires 30day period when I try to access by Bitlocker recovery key

I had updated my Windows 10 after which I started getting a Bitlocker recovery key screen though I had not turned Bitlocker ON.

As I had forgotten my Microsoft Account password, I tried to reset it so as to get access to my Bitlocker recovery key but now I am unable to access it for 30 days and my laptop has become unusable as I cannot even boot.

Is there any way to proceed instead of waiting for 30 day period so I can start using my laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

AtulKedia, Sep 3, 2018

2. Bitlocker Recovery. Can not access my MS account.

While attempting to recover my BitLocker recovery key, I had to reset my security code. I can login to my account and see much of my information. However, when I attempt to recover my Bitlocker Recovery Key, it tells me I can't access this information
    until my 30-day waiting period is up.

How can I talk to a real person that can help me get the recovery key prior to the 30 day waiting period?

James

JamesCarvin, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Bit Locker Recovery key - cancel Microsoft Account security change

I have been asked to insert my BitLocker Recovery key as a system recovery move for my ASUS T100 . I went to http://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from anothr PC to recover the BitLocker Recovery key.

To get into my Microsoft account, I have had to change some of the security quetsions and now have been locked out for 1 calendar month.

Is there anyway to shorten that period to get to the BitLocker Recovery Key?

If not, if I cancel the security changes, will it still allow me access to my Microsoft Account and allow me to go dierctly to the BitLocker Key?

steveNewby1, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Account security update requires 30day period when I try to access by Bitlocker recovery key

Xylee Del, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Account security update requires 30day period when I try to access by Bitlocker recovery key - Similar Threads - Account security update

2. Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys: I need my Bitlocker recovery key to access my laptop. When I follow the recommended path of aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get the error below:I have tried signing off and back on multiple times. The device I am trying to access is shown in my online Microsoft account. Why am I...
  3. Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys: I need my Bitlocker recovery key to access my laptop. When I follow the recommended path of aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get the error below:I have tried signing off and back on multiple times. The device I am trying to access is shown in my online Microsoft account. Why am I...
  4. 'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key

'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu alongside windows when I got the error that the drive was Bitlocker encrypted and I had to remove it. So I restarted my laptop and now my laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I am sure that I have not enabled bitlocker encryption...
  5. 'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu alongside windows when I got the error that the drive was Bitlocker encrypted and I had to remove it. So I restarted my laptop and now my laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I am sure that I have not enabled bitlocker encryption...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Security: I downloaded a program that asked for my bitlocker number. I couldn't find it on my laptop Windows11 so I used my phone. I input the number. I didn't know what the number was for. Can someone now scan my laptop, making my information at risk?...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Key Security

Bitlocker Recovery Key Security: I downloaded a program that asked for my bitlocker number. I couldn't find it on my laptop Windows11 so I used my phone. I input the number. I didn't know what the number was for. Can someone now scan my laptop, making my information at risk?...
  8. Bitlocker Key and Account Security Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key and Account Security Access: After a recent update, my laptop is asking for the bitlocker recovery key.I have logged into my microsoft account on my phone to retrieve the key, but because I recently linked a new phone number to the account, it says I am not able to access the key and must wait one...
  9. Bitlocker Key and Account Security Access

Bitlocker Key and Account Security Access: After a recent update, my laptop is asking for the bitlocker recovery key.I have logged into my microsoft account on my phone to retrieve the key, but because I recently linked a new phone number to the account, it says I am not able to access the key and must wait one...
  10. BitLocker recovery key required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...