Windows 10: Account setup wrong?

Discus and support Account setup wrong? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently did a clean-install of my HP DV6 laptop using the FCU -- and then spent two days reinstalling the apps and restoring the user settings.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mark Phelps, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Account setup wrong?

I recently did a clean-install of my HP DV6 laptop using the FCU -- and then spent two days reinstalling the apps and restoring the user settings.

After that, I created a second account for my wife but when I logged into her account, I kept getting admin password prompts, so I changed her account to be an administrator.

But today, she told me the networked printer does not show up for her. Also, some of the apps are not showing up, either.

I don't really want to have to reinstall all the apps and devices, so how do I reinstall her account so that she also is allowed to use all the apps and devices?

:)

Mark Phelps, Oct 23, 2017

2. Account setup

I can't download anything from the market place it keeps saying having trouble setting up your account please try after sometime

jAmesonkyapwanyama, Oct 23, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Oct 23, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Account setup wrong?

When you say:

Just not showing up, or not running (if you i.e. double click a file with proper association)?

You could set-up new account, transfer local files and delete problematic one.

Brink wrote great tutorials for all scenarios: add-local-account-microsoft-account-windows-10

If you're looking for folders where shortcuts are located....

"C:\Users\userx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" for specific User

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" for all users

...and there are user folders for taskbar shortcuts...

If application works for Administrator account and dot for other users, you have to change permissions in Program files folder for that app (to rw instead of read only)

AndreTen, Oct 24, 2017
  5. The apps suddenly reappeared -- so that is no longer a problem.

But the networked printer stopped working, even though the HP desktop shortcut saw it. So, I had to run HP's Print & Scan Doctor -- and that fixed it.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Account setup wrong?

1. Account setup wrong? - Similar Threads - Account setup wrong

2. Windows 10 PC was setup with wrong account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 PC was setup with wrong account: My wife originally setup my Windows 10 pc a long time ago. It was setup with her account as the owner. When I go to Windows Credentials, generic credentials, it is still setup with my wife's email address.All of my files not my wife's are set up on this pc. I have since...
  3. Windows 10 PC was setup with wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC was setup with wrong account: My wife originally setup my Windows 10 pc a long time ago. It was setup with her account as the owner. When I go to Windows Credentials, generic credentials, it is still setup with my wife's email address.All of my files not my wife's are set up on this pc. I have since...
  4. Windows 10 PC was setup with wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  6. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  7. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  9. setup with wrong user details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setup with wrong user details: Hi, I got my daughter a new laptop, when she set it up she has put in wrong email address, we now cant access laptop, is there any way to change this? any password reset info is going somewhere else....
  10. account setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    account setup: My wife has a Microsoft account on my laptop. I now got her a separate laptop. I created her Microsoft account on it but when the screen opens up it does not load her personalized account that includes Office, etc. What do I need to do to get them connected?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows setup to wrong account