Windows 10: Account Sign-In Hidden from Sign-in Menu/Start Menu

Discus and support Account Sign-In Hidden from Sign-in Menu/Start Menu in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My younger brother and I share a computer. It is Windows 10 Pro. I was letting him use it while i was asleep. All I know is that he was playing his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by thatdude101, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Account Sign-In Hidden from Sign-in Menu/Start Menu

My younger brother and I share a computer. It is Windows 10 Pro. I was letting him use it while i was asleep. All I know is that he was playing his video games. Anyways, he left the house to go hang out somewhere and i wake up to see that when i turn on the computer, only his account shows at the sign-in screen. Meanwhile, there are THREE accounts on this computer. My account, His account, and a local that my other siblings use sometimes. I restarted and even shut down my computer about 4 times. I waited until he came back and logged on his account to check what was wrong, and I see that my account is still there with all my files and docs. The other local account is there too. I log out to see if my User name is there but it isn't. I tried to see if my account was deactivated using these methods but none of them worked. I've looked on Microsoft's forums but all I found was how to activate the built-in administrator account. Please do your best to help!! I have important work to do on my account but i can't access it.

:)

thatdude101, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Borrani Win User

Cortana's What Can I Help You With?

I'm afraid I don't understand the phrase "After signing out your Microsoft account from Cortana."

Do you mean go into Cortana from the start menu and sign out? I have never signed in. When I select Cortana from the start menu, it it invites me to sign in.

The Taskbar Tidbits is already toggled to disable the feature, in Settings.

Borrani, Jul 8, 2016
  3. GJW13# Win User
    User Accounts

Hi

I have 2 user accounts on my laptop, mine and my wife's. When I am signed into my own account I can switch to my wife's account by just signing into hers from the start menu. No problem with that. But when I sign out of my wife's account, on the display
    screen that appears, I don't get an option to sign into my account. When I click on the picture it keeps going back to my wife's login screen. The only way I can get back into my own account is not to sign out of my wife's account but simply to sign in directly
    from the start menu into my account, "switching users". Is this a software problem?

Thanks

GJW13#, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

Account Sign-In Hidden from Sign-in Menu/Start Menu

1. Account Sign-In Hidden from Sign-in Menu/Start Menu - Similar Threads - Account Sign Hidden

2. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  3. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  4. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window: Hi, I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information about it online. I've run into a strange albeit minor issue with my Power Menu. It seems to be hidden behind the Start window display.In the screenshow below, I have opened the Start Menu and clicked on...
  5. Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.

Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.: Good afternoon, I always use the Alt + F4 for my Power Options . . . [img] However, the Sign-Outoption is missing from the Start Menu - Power Options . . . [img] . . . BUT, it is shown in the Win + X Power Menu . . . [img] I have searched but I can NOT seem to...
  6. User account disappeared from sign-in screen and hamburger menu

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account disappeared from sign-in screen and hamburger menu: Dear Community members, Please advise because I am going crazy from this... The problem is as above. It was working fine and after a recent Windows update my accounts just disappear from the login page and hamburger menu. I have reviewed at least 10 other posts and tried...
  7. how can I hide sign out option from the start menu ?

how can I hide sign out option from the start menu ?: hello, can I hid the sign out option, please find the attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-sign-out-option-from-the-start-menu/f2a8d788-e67d-41e5-9209-017f116631e1
  8. Start Menu resets on sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu resets on sign in: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 update), my Start menu resets every time I sign in. All the installed apps show "New", the tiles get reset, and all Start Settings get reset too. Also, after some time, when I navigate to the Start Settings, all...
  9. Hidden Menu monitor?.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hidden Menu monitor?.: On my old asus vg27he monitor I went in to the hidden menu and altered the colour settings. Is there a way to restore the hidden menu settings to factory reset?. Thanks. 75055
  10. Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in: This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start screen. This also happened last night under the same seemingly random conditions. Unsure of what caused it, but logging out and...