Windows 10: Accounts

Discus and support Accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I discovered that when I sign out of my account, my computer has both a "guest" option and an "administrator" option as other sign on accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VoytekDolinski, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Accounts

I discovered that when I sign out of my account, my computer has both a "guest" option and an "administrator" option as other sign on accounts. Clicking the "guest" account put me on to my my lock screen and asked for my sign on info. But clicking on the "administrator" account allowed me into my computer without any password. Where did these accounts come from? This computer was purchased around late March and has never had any other user except me. My regular user account has been the only user on this computer.

:)

VoytekDolinski, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Accounts

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Accounts

1. Accounts - Similar Threads - Accounts

2. account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account: What causes this in my activity?You should recognize each of these recent activities. If one looks unfamiliar, click it to let us know.]see so many sign in attempts ON MY E-MAIL from other countries?Thank you!TIMMY 2 TOES...
  3. account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account: What causes this in my activity?You should recognize each of these recent activities. If one looks unfamiliar, click it to let us know.]see so many sign in attempts ON MY E-MAIL from other countries?Thank you!TIMMY 2 TOES...
  4. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  5. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  6. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt: This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt: This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:...
  8. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  9. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  10. Blank white account login window for all Windows related services

Blank white account login window for all Windows related services: Issue started just today. I get a blank white account login window for all my Windows services. Store, OneDrive, Xbox App. All other software works just fine. No other issues, I just can't login to these services.They all look like this:...