Windows 10: acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install)

Discus and support acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey all , disaster comp from the netherworld ... a project taken on for a young college student after a couple of her *friends* tried to work on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CWB, Jan 13, 2017.

1. CWB
    CWB Win User

acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install)

hey all ,

disaster comp from the netherworld ... a project taken on for a young college student after a couple of her *friends* tried to work on it and did a botched job .
    they tried to install W7 on a 8.1 machine and from what i understand , there was a warning that 8.1 was "not genuine" .

i purchased a legit copy and key for both W7 and W10 ...
    (i would like to install W10)
    i can always use one or the other on my own builds .

when i try to use the usb stick installer (pendrive linux) for/of W10 (selecting the usb stick as the boot device) a "recovery" screen with error code pops up :
    a component of the operating system has expired .
    file : \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
    error code : 0xc0000605

when i try to run the stick from within the *non-complete/botched* W7 (attempted) install , the install starts and proceeds through several screens (key numbers , what to keep , making sure ... etc ) up to the point of "installing W10 ..." .
    the little *bead chain* goes around and the % of completion tallies up .
    the install goes to completion and the machine reboots ...
    a dos screen opens with the same message about the expired file (as above) .
    it mentions something about bypassing the driver signing and i try to navigate to it ... but ...
    a screen of "we couldn't install W10 ..." opens up , with :
    "0xc1900101-0x20017
    the installation failed in the safe os phase ... error during boot operation" .

(i did manage to get a ethernet driver from acer to work on the W7 side ... so it can talk to the outside world)

any help is greatly appreciated .
    thanks in advance

:)

2. Mia - MMA Win User

Is Microsoft still in the process of correcting Windows 10 issues?

Hello, and thank you for your response. I did update the drivers, and that has not taken care of the problems.

My computer is an Acer Aspire E-17 (ES1-711-P1UV). I was not having any troubles with anything with it until the Windows 10 upgrade came along. acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install) :(

Mia - MMA, Jan 13, 2017
  3. SusanDZD Win User
    How can I run the ISO Boot Files on my non-functioning Laptop?

Thank you for helping!

I don't get an install now prompt. I am wondering if I did not install the IOS Boot files correctly to the CD. I'm trying to do it again on a brand new blank cd, but now my good computer is not recognizing the cd burner so I am having trouble with that computer
    now. acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install) :(

The one I was trying to fix is my father's computer. It is an Acer Aspire E 17. ES1-711-P1UV. It says Model number ZYL on the bottom. He just bought this last year. I think he has gone in and deleted files thinking he was making his computer faster and has
    accidentally deleted the wrong files---in a big way! He thinks I cna fix anything....but not this time! acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install) :) I REALLY appreciate any help you can offer.

Susan

SusanDZD, Jan 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried a fresh, new USB flash drive with a fresh download of Windows 10 installed on it? Also name brand USB 2.0 flash drives seem to work best, like SanDisk.

NavyLCDR, Jan 13, 2017
  5. CWB
    CWB Win User
    hello ...

i did exactly that ... i got to thinking about "expired components" and such and figured i had nothing to loose while waiting for a response here .
    i went to the MS site and grabbed their "out front" upgrade/install :
    Access Denied
    after the dl and such , i started the install ... all has gone smoothly thus far ... including inserting the key .
    the install is now "working on updates" .
    just rebooted ... and it seems stuck on that 4 pane window logo ...
    grrrrr ! (sigh)

6. CWB
    CWB Win User
    restarted the machine manually ...
    comes back up and stops at (seemingly) the same point as before .
    (it is a solid black background with only the 4 panes showing)
    at least this is further than the other methods got me .
    any ideas ?

7. CWB
    CWB Win User
    rebooted again and tried "f8" ...
    my previous version of windows is being restored .

8. CWB
    CWB Win User

back to W7 ... and the "we couldn't install ..." bit , with the error code of : 0xc1900101-0x30017 .
    at least it recovered ... better luck than some people have had .

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried doing a clean install of Windows 10? Nothing should be connected to the computer except mouse/touchpad, keyboard, and the installation USB flash drive. Boot the computer from the flash drive. Do not connect to any network, WiFi or the internet until Windows 10 is fully installed. If a computer will run Windows 8.1 without problems, it is almost guaranteed to be able to run Windows 10 without problems.

NavyLCDR, Jan 13, 2017
  10. CWB
    CWB Win User
    was away from comp ... getting ready for work .
    (shaving with a double edge battle axe takes some time)
    i'll give it another shot when i get off work ... depending on how things go .

i have not had this problem installing 8/8.1 and 10 on other machines ... brand new and *upgrades* .
    i am about tempted to open the machine up and hook up the hdd to my linux machine and wipe the drive ...
    or install another drive that has been wiped .

11. mrgeek Win User
    Don't know how old this acer is, but have you tried disabling secure boot in BIOS before installing ?

mrgeek, Jan 13, 2017
  12. CWB
    CWB Win User
    was away from comp ... getting ready for work .
    (shaving with a double edge battle axe takes some time)
    i'll give it another shot when i get off work ... depending on how things go .

i have not had this problem installing 8/8.1 and 10 on other machines ... brand new and *upgrades* .
    i am about tempted to open the machine up and hook up the hdd to my linux machine and wipe the drive ...
    or install another drive that has been wiped .

the machine dates from 09DEC14 .
    i think i disabled the secure boot when i turned off the EUFI (or however those letters are arranged) and went to the "legacy" setting .
    i'll check on it when i get back in about 8 hours .
    i appreciate all the help .

13. CWB
    CWB Win User

back to it ...
    i am going to try installing 8.1 and then 10 ...
    perhaps this may work .

14. CWB
    CWB Win User
    ok ... from the top ...

tried to dl and use a pendrive to install 8.1 ... same scenario ... error code/expired exe .
    i got the screen of options and disabled the "security checking" (i think ... not clear as to this due to lack of feedback) .
    tried the install again ... fail ... reverted to W7 .
    next i used an old legit/licensed copy of 8.1 i had in my bag o' tricks ... same scenario ... i selected "disable security checking" and restarted the machine ...
    the bead chain showed up and the stopped ... after a while i rebooted the machine and the same thing happened .
    i heard the dvd drive spin up and i remembered a couple of copies of a 'nix distribution that did not indicate to remove the dvd and reboot ...
    sooo ... out of sheer "nothing to loose" , i removed the dvd and rebooted ...
    the window logo and bead chain started in ... and then the screen went black ...
    i rebooted ... the windows logo came back , and the bead chain went 'round .
    after a bit , the screen flickered and the 8.1 "set up windows" page appeared ... i stepped through the stuff (bypassing the account stuff) .
    i now have a functioning copy of 8.1 !
    believe me , i am baffled but i will take it !
    next is to try to install W10 ... i do not know whether to use the "front upgrade" (dl/install tool) or a full copy of W10 via a pendrive .
    any suggestions ?

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    For upgrading Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10, I like to download the Windows 10 ISO file from here:
    Microsoft - Windows 10 ISO

Just leave the ISO file on the hard drive, mount it, run setup.exe from the virtual drive letter that appears.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

1. acer aspire ES1-711-ZYL cannot load W10 (fresh install) - Similar Threads - acer aspire ES1

2. Acer aspire 3 laptop freezes after fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire 3 laptop freezes after fresh install of windows: I'm trying to put a fresh copy of Windows on my aunts laptop, I installed the media creation tool, used the upgrade this pc option, picked keep nothing option, waited for a painful 2 and a half hours for it to install, when it rebooted, all I can see on the screen is acer I...
  3. Acer ES1-311win10`

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1-311win10`: ,: Windows 10 LTSC 21H2 ‎2022/‎6/‎19 19044.2486 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0:1.Windows Update2. Acersynaptics touchpad ? BIOS Touchpad advancedbasic advanced"I2C Driver"basic ,...
  4. Acer ES1-311win10`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer ES1-311win10`: ,: Windows 10 LTSC 21H2 ‎2022/‎6/‎19 19044.2486 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0:1.Windows Update2. Acersynaptics touchpad ? BIOS Touchpad advancedbasic advanced"I2C Driver"basic ,...
  5. Acer ES1-311win10`

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Acer Aspire 9410 - Is it possible to install w10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 9410 - Is it possible to install w10?: Hello. As title says, I have got the feeling this old laptop (xp - Vista) is unable to run w10 x86. I have been able to install v1809 but it keeps crashing and Device Manger is a mess (lots of duplicated entries with exclamation marks). Any ideas? Maybe an older w10...
  7. acer aspire ES1-411-C1WD TOUCH PAD

acer aspire ES1-411-C1WD TOUCH PAD: My acer es1-411-c1wd touchpad stopped working following updating driver booster and driver finder software. I tried to reset my PC but still it does not touch pad is not responding. when I open device manager the mice and other pointing device driver is only visible if I plug...
  8. No camera attached Acer Aspire ES1-512

No camera attached Acer Aspire ES1-512: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop camera. When run camera app get this message: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> so I'm try to update my drivers and find that not showing on device manager camera or imaging device. Trying to inastall driver and put new driver to...
  9. Acer aspire es1-132 Can't log into admin account, password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer aspire es1-132 Can't log into admin account, password incorrect: Hi Was doing a windows 10 update to a notepad laptop , using pen drive for additional space (as requested by the screen) . When log in screen appears, for the only account, it loads in flight mode only and says password or username incorrect despite it being the correct...
  10. Acer Aspire E17 (ES1-711G-P2VR) windows 10 problem !!!

Acer Aspire E17 (ES1-711G-P2VR) windows 10 problem !!!: Howdy, I have a problem with an Acer Aspire E17 (ES1-711G-P2VR). I installed very hard Windows 10 and now if I open a video on youtube, locks occasionally and I feel like I do not work properly. I installed drivers on their website. Note that the laptop came with linux....