Windows 10: Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore

Discus and support Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. First time I've posted on a forum, and not exactly a newbie at this but I am seriously confused. I downloaded the win 10 preview a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigjohn262, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore

Hello everyone. First time I've posted on a forum, and not exactly a newbie at this but I am seriously confused. I downloaded the win 10 preview a while back on my Acer Aspire netbook with Windows 8 upgraded to 8.1, to show some people what it is all about. Now, I would like to update to Windows 10 but cannot restore the netbook back to 8.1 to enable win 10 upgrade. I cannot access the hidden restore partition, if it still exists, and no amount of F2, F8, or F12 will get me anywhere. I did force the netbook to get me into system repair, and I was able to get to the restore options, but when I attempted restore to factory settings, it said files where missing, and to insert my recovery media to fix this. I have no media to use for this, and the only option it gave me was "cancel". I would really like to get this back to 8.1 so I can reserve and download 10. Help??

All help is appreciated, and I thank you all in advance.

:)

bigjohn262, Aug 14, 2015
  2. nowayman3 Win User

Windows 10 installation error - 0xC1900101 – 0x20017

I had the same problem, but with an Acer Aspire R11 laptop. Neither Acer techs nor Microsoft could help. Well to be fair the second Acer tech thought my pre-fetch files were corrupt and would fix for a one time fee. Ssssccccrrreeeerrr! No. After thinking
    on it a minute I remembered about some bioses having issue and found that on Acers update site for my model there was a bios update that is labled must have for windows 10. Installed and windows 10 went on flawlessly. And before you ask no the auto update
    did not pick it up. Hope this helps someone.

nowayman3, Aug 14, 2015
  3. LocoBaser Win User
    so i have a acer aspire z3101 all in one pc with windows 10 and touchscreen isn't working

so i have a acer aspire z3101 all in one pc with windows 10 and touchscreen isn't working need more help please can't find drivers

LocoBaser, Aug 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore

First run Winver - if it gives you build 10240, you are on final the version of Windows 10.

Then, from an elevated command prompt, type slmgr /xpr. If it says permanently activated - that's what it means, your activation will never expire. If both those conditions exist - permanently activated build 10240 - that is exactly what you would upgrade to anyway.

If you have an earlier build, with an activation that is permanent, you can just use the Media Creation Tool to get the build 10240 ISO and upgrade from that.
    Windows 10

Otherwise you need to create a Windows 8.1 install media and clean install Windows 8.1:
    How to Download Windows 10, 7, 8, and 8.1 Install Media Legally

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore

1. Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire tech

2. Acer aspire 5, can't log into windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire 5, can't log into windows.: Ok so here is the problem and its a good one. When trying to login to win10 the keyboard is not working with letter keys. Number keys work just fine. The on screen keyboard is doing the same also. Now, when I enter the wrong pin 3 times I have to do the challenge phrase...
  3. Acer aspire 5, can't log into windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire 5, can't log into windows.: Ok so here is the problem and its a good one. When trying to login to win10 the keyboard is not working with letter keys. Number keys work just fine. The on screen keyboard is doing the same also. Now, when I enter the wrong pin 3 times I have to do the challenge phrase...
  4. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  5. win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270: win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-or-win-10-for-acer-aspire-one-d270/a2b923ce-dca5-4197-a4f2-e7cc0f75629f
  6. Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?: Is it possible to download windows 10 on a 12 year old Acer Aspire one it basically works perfectly only because now there is the possibility to download apps I just wanted to know Ist es möglich Windows 10 auf einen Acer Aspire one(2008)zu installieren?
  7. Can't restore/reinstall Windows 10 on Acer Aspire 3 Laptop after crash

Can't restore/reinstall Windows 10 on Acer Aspire 3 Laptop after crash: Hi, I hope you can help me with my laptop as it will not start-up/load Windows 10. After receiving a blue error screen with "stop code" on it, my laptop crashed and I cannot restart it. After it crashed, I restarted it and "automatic repair" set in, but unfortunately it...
  8. acer aspire one 722

acer aspire one 722: Acer Aspire One 722 amd dual-coreprocessor c60 8gigs ram crucial ssd 240 gig MBR Windows 10 pro 1809 bios update to newest version InsydeH20 setup utility Apparently this computer doesn't like gpt disks. Tried to convert disk to gpt using microsoft's mbr2gpt program and it...
  9. Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14: My son has an Acer aspire one cloud book 14 and he wanted to factory reset it but it says that it encounters a problem he keeps getting the blank screen and the Acer logo over and over again please help. And the alt. and f10 doesn't work either please help...
  10. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d