Windows 10: Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver

Discus and support Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past few months, the right touchpad button does not work with the Windows 10 drivers. Windows 8.1 drivers worked fine. If I switch mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thatgr, Nov 17, 2015.

1. thatgr Win User

Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver

For the past few months, the right touchpad button does not work with the Windows 10 drivers. Windows 8.1 drivers worked fine. If I switch mouse settings to left handed, then the buttons work fine, but obviously this is awkward to get used to. I have rollbacked the driver to a very old edition and it worked fine, however then I had no synaptics touchpad settings so the touchpad settings could not be altered.

19.0.9.7 is the synaptics version

touchpad works fine on other user accounts

:)

thatgr, Nov 17, 2015

2. Precision touchpad unable to pinch zoom in non-Microsoft applications

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

Thank you for all the precise Hardware details. Much appreciated!

I would suggest you to download and run the appropriate touchpad drivers for your Acer Aspire V3-371 notebook compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit). Please refer to the following links for ELANTECH and Synaptics touchpad drivers.

ELANTECH
    touchpad driver: Windows 10 (64-bit) driver

Synaptics
    touchpad driver: Windows 10 (64-bit) driver

Hope this information is helpful. Keep us posted with your results.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Acer Drivers

Hello Microsoft I have upgraded to windows 10 but I have no touchpad at the moment will the Acer windows 8.1 drivers work or do I need to wait for acer to update my acer aspire es1-511 drivers? please help me

Edit: also my mic thats built in isnt working

coolmark1995, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver

Aspire E15 - Touchpad not working at all

The touchpad on my e15 does not work at all, but after searching for forums, they said its the BIOS problem, so i updated my bios via acer support page, it works fine now, hope this help..

Cloud5trife, Nov 22, 2015
  5. thatgr Win User
    ill try this

any other input

thatgr, Dec 1, 2015
  6. egosbar Win User
    i just had a problem where latest update my touchpad stopped two finger scrolling etc , what happened was the synaptics driver was installed when i usually had elantech driver running my acer aspire 1v , so i downloaded the elan driver installed it and bam everything works again

egosbar, Dec 6, 2015
  7. thatgr Win User
    The driver is for certain synaptics

thatgr, Dec 7, 2015
  8. thatgr Win User

I've switched over the touchpad settings so right click is left etc. and it works fine now just opposite. Any input?

thatgr, Dec 7, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Try uninstalling the synaptics driver from Device manager, right click Synaptics driver, go to Properties, change the compatible mode to Windows 8, then install the driver, it might work.

Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver [​IMG]

brummyfan, Dec 7, 2015
  10. thatgr Win User
    Thanks for the idea - i'll try it now.

Also - touchpad works fine on 'guest' user account. It's just this account, the main admin one that's broken.

thatgr, Dec 7, 2015
  11. thatgr Win User
    Screenshot - 4cd6ad059f7ce0899cee5479f5bca753 - Gyazo

this is all i see

- i think my account may be corrupt. i think i'm going to try creating a new account and copying settings etc.

thatgr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire Touchpad

2. acer aspire v3-571g problems framework v4.0.30319 windows 10 when loading laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer aspire v3-571g problems framework v4.0.30319 windows 10 when loading laptop: Hello, i have a very crazy problem.I updated my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro. When i am running my laptop after the update with the loading cable there always a short popup comes for 1 second. I recorded my screen to see what the text says. It is the following:...
  3. Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad: i got an Acer aspire a517-52 new laptop, windows 11 home version 21H2, my touchpad hasn't working from Day 1, i have tried everything that i found On-Line to solve this problem and didn't succeed. before i will returns the laptop to the store - is there a possible fix to this...
  4. Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad: i got an Acer aspire a517-52 new laptop, windows 11 home version 21H2, my touchpad hasn't working from Day 1, i have tried everything that i found On-Line to solve this problem and didn't succeed. before i will returns the laptop to the store - is there a possible fix to this...
  5. Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working: my touchpad cant be detected, the synaptic p/s 2 driver at device manager is not working. saw this info message. not sure if this is due to ffc cable problem? because the ffc cable seems a bit worn out. Device ACPI\SYN1B45\4&21eaa156&0 had a problem starting. Driver...
  6. Acer Aspire V3 531

Acer Aspire V3 531: Does anyone know if this laptop can be upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-aspire-v3-531/7b919eba-867a-4a14-9827-72c057c1958d
  7. Acer Aspire V3-771g

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire V3-771g: Hello! Not long time ago, I bought WIndows 10 Home edition. I installed it on my laptop, everything is working fine, until moment, when is installed driver for my touchpad. It's disabled mechanically, but still installed driver. And after driver installed, it's starting to...
  8. Touchpad gestures not working on Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9

Touchpad gestures not working on Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9: The gestures on my Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9 after I reinstalled Windows 10. My laptop had pirated Windows earlier and the gestures were working a couple of months ago but eventually stopped working. When I installed the genuine copy of Windows 10 the gestures stopped...
  9. Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15

Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15: After the technician uninstall intel graphics, insert his usb mouse, flash drive and hard drive my touchpad stop. Then, before he upgraded it to windows 10, the touchpad was not working and when he upgraded it it does't change anything. I don't know what is the possible cause...
  10. FORMATTING THE HARD DRIVE - ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G

in Windows 10 Customization
    FORMATTING THE HARD DRIVE - ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G: Hi, I would like to format the hard drive on my ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G which I know will clear almost everything off it, except for the hidden system files. However, as I have never done this before, then i am wondering what files I will be left with. I DO NOT have any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new aspire 3 mouse pad not working

2. acer aspire v3 how to format touchpad

3. acer aspire v3-531 pad

4. acer v3-531 touchpad not working