Windows 10: Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes

Discus and support Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has dolby audio but no realtek manager so I cannot separate audio stream. Please tell me how to fix this as dolby audio doesn't have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gwenmillett, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes

My laptop has dolby audio but no realtek manager so I cannot separate audio stream. Please tell me how to fix this as dolby audio doesn't have any option to set this. I want to be able to keep separate volume for my speakers and earphones.

:)

Gwenmillett, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

CES 2018: Acer unveils new Swift 7, Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and more

Source: CES 2018: Acer unveils new Swift 7, Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and more - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jul 8, 2018
  3. WH Siew Win User
    Earphones don't work on Acer Aspire E 14

I recently updated my Acer Aspire E 14 Windows 10 and my earphones aren't working.

My earphones work on my iphone perfectly but not on here. Sound can still be played on my laptop but not when my headphone was connected to it

I've tried:

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter. ---->
      Problem persists

Method 2: Follow the below steps to set your headphone as default.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list ------>
      Headphone didn't shown up.

Could you pls assist?

WH Siew, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes

Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes

1. Acer nitro 5 Laptop shows earphones as speakers and I cannot separate their volumes - Similar Threads - Acer nitro Laptop

2. Acer nitro 5 mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer nitro 5 mic not working: Last week my headset mic is working properly Plantronics blackwire C3220 then suddenly its not working i have used all my knowledge to fix it tried enable and disable the device, tried updating it if there's and update for the drive , plugging in and out restarting my laptop...
  3. Acer nitro 5 crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer nitro 5 crashing: Hello, I have been using a acer nitro 5 for about a year and it has been good and very fast. But it has been crashing a lot. most are the screen just turning off and a few bluescreens. I need this laptop as it is what I do a lot of work on. Another thing that has been...
  4. Acer nitro 5 crashing

Acer nitro 5 crashing: Hello, I have been using a acer nitro 5 for about a year and it has been good and very fast. But it has been crashing a lot. most are the screen just turning off and a few bluescreens. I need this laptop as it is what I do a lot of work on. Another thing that has been...
  5. Acer nitro 5 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't enable spatial sound on acer nitro 5 laptop speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable spatial sound on acer nitro 5 laptop speakers.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable spatial sound for acer nitro 5 laptop speakers. I have already tried disabling sound enhancements, but the function is still not active. Help me fix this please....
  7. Can't enable spatial sound on acer nitro 5 laptop speakers.

Can't enable spatial sound on acer nitro 5 laptop speakers.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable spatial sound for acer nitro 5 laptop speakers. I have already tried disabling sound enhancements, but the function is still not active. Help me fix this please....
  8. Sound stops working on Acer Nitro 5 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stops working on Acer Nitro 5 laptop: I’ve had this issue since I got the laptop where my sound will stop working completely and the only fix is to do a system restore. Does anyone have any solutions? submitted by /u/dirtee007 [link] [comments]...
  9. Acer nitro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer nitro 5: my nitro sense is not openng... i hv tried uninstalling n then again installing.... i hv updated windows also... i hv also reinstalled windows.... nothing works.... nitrosense installed successfully...but while opening loads n thn dosen't open.... pls do not give fake...
  10. Volume Problem with Acer Nitro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Problem with Acer Nitro 5: For some reason my laptop won't recognize or connect with it's built in speaker or mic.. My Bluetooth is off and no other decive is connected. I connected a headset thinking it would help but it's not recognizing the mic and i still can't hear any audio. I decided to restart...