Windows 10: Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba

Discus and support Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Accessing shared W10 files from Samba sometimes cause problems such as Timeout on server or not being able to acess the files although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 19, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba

Hi there

Accessing shared W10 files from Samba sometimes cause problems such as Timeout on server or not being able to acess the files although entering a SMB:\\Ipaddress will usually work where IPADDRESS is the address of the Windows machine.

In most cases (not Domain etc -- simple home type networks) add this line to your SMB.CONF file in the [Global] section

name resolve order = bcast host lmhosts wins

This seems to do the trick in nearly all cases -- you don't need to set up the Samba machine as a Wins server - and you don't need to add Netbiosname parameter -- W10 doesn't bother with Netbios.

Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2016

2. SMB writes to remote computer freezes or dropps to 5kbs after creator update

After installing Windows [Version 10.0.15063] my access to NAS (RaspberryPI with USB disks connected) is nearly impossible.

Coping even few megabytes to the NAS takes a long time (minutes) and often does not finish - no errors on the Samba end , just connection from Windows goes dead. Speed seems to be around 5KB/s.

Same network and same NAS with my laptop :
    Windows [Version 10.0.14393] and all is working fine - 20+ MB/s - which is what I can expect from this setup and is enough for documents and source code backups.

Reading from the NAS Samba share is fast.

Reading from the laptops' share is fast.

Writing to laptops' share is 5KB/s slow as well. Laptop is sharing folder using the normal Windows SMB. All Microsoft.

Writing to NAS share , SAMBA , is slow.

Looks like any writes I do from the Creator Update computer are slow. Very Slow.

Has anybody got similar problem or solutions to a very slow , unreliable connection to SMB/Samba after the creators update?

PawelWarnenski, Mar 19, 2016
  3. FerdiL Win User
    Windows 10 cannot browse my local network or see/connect to mapped drives

I'm having the same issue here, and I can't find if anything has changed w.r.t. Samba/Lan Manager in Windows 10 that would prevent a Windows 10 machine (which does not belong to a "HomeGroup" cause I don't want to use "homegroups") from seeing other machines
    on the network.

I have a very simple LAN at work with 2 Linux servers both running Samba that can browse each other using SMB fine, but the Windows 10 machine simply does not see any servers on the network (All are configured with the same WORKGROUP)

A Windows 7 machine can see the Linux servers

I have a Apple Mac on the network and it can browse the Linux Samba servers fine.

DNS etc. is all working fine. I can ping the server's IP address and their name, but cannot connect to any shares on the machines.

Most frustrating

FerdiL, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba

1. Acessing Windows 10 FROM Samba - Similar Threads - Acessing Samba

2. how to acess Microsoft Community to ask a question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to acess Microsoft Community to ask a question.: when I get on here to find an answer, seems like MS does not intend to make anything simple when needing support. It is like a labyrinth when trying to ask questions. I spend more time trying to figure out how to ask questions to a community. Similarly, it is difficult to...
  3. how to acess Microsoft Community to ask a question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to acess Microsoft Community to ask a question.: when I get on here to find an answer, seems like MS does not intend to make anything simple when needing support. It is like a labyrinth when trying to ask questions. I spend more time trying to figure out how to ask questions to a community. Similarly, it is difficult to...
  4. Your IT has limited acess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT has limited acess: Hey there! Hope you all are having a great day, so recently a few days ago i reset my laptop using the settings app, but once i did reset Microsoft Security not to be confused with the new Microsoft defender for office 365 stopped working. I tried to find the quick scan...
  5. Your IT has limited acess

Your IT has limited acess: Hey there! Hope you all are having a great day, so recently a few days ago i reset my laptop using the settings app, but once i did reset Microsoft Security not to be confused with the new Microsoft defender for office 365 stopped working. I tried to find the quick scan...
  6. After update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 - can´t acess some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 - can´t acess some websites: After the update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 1.403.2411.0 from 20.1.2024 I can not acess some websites like strava.com, vreme.si…. websites I accesed normaly befor the update. I tried diffrent browsers, but the same problem occured.I tried to uninstall this...
  7. After update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 - can´t acess some websites

After update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 - can´t acess some websites: After the update Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 1.403.2411.0 from 20.1.2024 I can not acess some websites like strava.com, vreme.si…. websites I accesed normaly befor the update. I tried diffrent browsers, but the same problem occured.I tried to uninstall this...
  8. How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?: Hello,I have a little problem, Recently a user gave acess to a shared folder for another user in the network. And i dont want that to happen.If i go to properties - security - advanced, i can disable the "change permission" in "show advanced permissions" for the user. But the...
  9. How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?

How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?: Hello,I have a little problem, Recently a user gave acess to a shared folder for another user in the network. And i dont want that to happen.If i go to properties - security - advanced, i can disable the "change permission" in "show advanced permissions" for the user. But the...
  10. My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.: My vivobook pro 17 n705 Laptop has recently started bootlooping, I have tried many different ways to try and access Winre, But I am unable to do this.Here are are some of the things I've attempted:-Accessing Winre through bios-Shutting down the computer 3-5 times.-Using a...