Windows 10: ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

Discus and support ACPI.sys using 30% CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The process system is constantly taking 20% to 30% of my CPU. I've checked with the Process Explorer, it indicates that the cpu is taken by ACPI.sys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoNameRO, Sep 4, 2018.

1. NoNameRO Win User

ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

The process system is constantly taking 20% to 30% of my CPU.

I've checked with the Process Explorer, it indicates that the cpu is taken by ACPI.sys.

I've tried most of the solutions I could find with no success.

Now, I've basically reinstalled this machine from scratch because of the issue but even after a clean re-setup the issue hasn't gone away.

The weirdest part of this is that if I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up, the System process goes back to a normal CPU usage but if I restart the computer then it's back to square one with ACPI.sys going over 30% CPU

How can I fix this?

:)

NoNameRO, Sep 4, 2018
  2. NoNameRO Win User

ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes the issue persists after a clean boot and also after a computer reset.

The CPU usage of ACPI also drops after a sleep/wake up of the computer.

The temperatures are all between 30°C and 40°C for the CPU, GPU and HDD.

NoNameRO, Sep 6, 2018
  3. CPU Usage Stuck at 30%

I'm sorry but there are no background process using 30% of cpu. The highest one is Microsoft Software Protection Platform, using 7% of cpu. The other one is Explorer, using 3% of cpu.

Should i disable it?

Bobby Dwi Pratama, Sep 6, 2018
  4. ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

CPU Usage Stuck at 30%

I'm sorry but there are no background process using 30% of cpu. The highest one is Microsoft Software Protection Platform, using 7% of cpu. The other one is Explorer, using 3% of cpu.

Should i disable it?

That is 10%. So there is another 20% being used somewhere and it must show in details tab using more details on bottom to show all processes. It has been this way from day one of Windows OS's. Or maybe there is malware or a virus. But it still should show
    CPU usage and items combined will equal the total CPU usage.

seahawks65, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

1. ACPI.sys using 30% CPU - Similar Threads - ACPI sys using

2. why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is windows explorer using 30+% of my cpu?: Hi, so recently i found out i had a virus/malware on my pc. It was disguised as webhelper and was hogging my cpu. After searching about it and how to fix it i uninstalled utorrent which removed webhelper. However now my pc boots really slow and whenever i check task manager;...
  3. services and controler app using 30-70% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    services and controler app using 30-70% of CPU: when i open the task manager the services and controler app is commonly using most of my CPU.im on a acer nitro 5 p.s i don't want to reset my Laptopmabey make an update to fix the problem, i read other posts on this website and reseting the computer makes the problem...
  4. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  5. System process always uses 30% CPU.

System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  6. Cortana Uses 30% CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana Uses 30% CPU: How do I stop Cortana from using so much CPU? It's causing problems with games and videos. The only clue I've found is that if I end the Cortana task in Task Manager, Cortana restarts and subsequently suspends itself. 139787
  7. Cortana Uses 30% CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Uses 30% CPU: How do I stop Cortana from using so much CPU? It's causing problems with games and videos. The only clue I've found is that if I end the Cortana task in Task Manager, Cortana restarts and subsequently suspends itself. 139787
  8. Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU

Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU: So I have had this issue for a little while now. It showed up in the CPU usage graph of Afterburner hardware monitor, which I have running on my gaming PC at all times to keep tabs on my system. This CPU graph would be at 5% for a couple of seconds, and then go up to 30% for...
  9. EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU

EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU: What is EReporter.exe ? It is using 30%+ of my CPU - I just read it is something to do with Apple - I have an iPhone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ereporterexe-using-30-of-my-cpu/67ee4304-d628-43a7-b82e-1ec33fc9f6e3
  10. Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle: I installed Avast anti-virus free on my new Windows 10 install, and now I'm noticing the CPU constantly fluctuating around 15-30%, when the computer is just sitting idle. Task Manager shows it is Avast. What component of Avast is constantly running my CPU so high, and can...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi sys high cpu usage and drops when removing charger

2. Debugging Help5% 30%

3. acpi.sys 30% cpu

4. acpi.sys issue windows