Windows 10: Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10

Discus and support Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Windows 10, and now all of my acrobat files open with through internet explorer (whatever its called now) rather than through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cfuller48, Nov 12, 2015.

1. cfuller48 Win User

Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10

Just upgraded to Windows 10, and now all of my acrobat files open with through internet explorer (whatever its called now) rather than through the acrobat program. As I result, I cannot edit my pdf files. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

:)

cfuller48, Nov 12, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.4 and Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

This is not necessarily true. Adobe Acrobat Pro version 7.x ran happily in Windows 8, but will not run in 8.1. The fact that 8.x runs in Windows 8.1 doesn't mean that it will work in 10.

Adding to the wonders of Windows, while Acrobat Pro 7.x would run in Windows 8 but not in 8.1, I just installed it in 10 and it works fine.

JimWynne, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Can't delete or rename a folder

My application is Adobe Acrobat X Pro. I did some research and it appears that X pro is not compatible with Windows 10. That could be causing the problems. Is anyone aware of Adobe Acrobat X Pro causing some of the problems I mentioned?

Adobe Acrobat system requirements

That is unfortunate, so I will have to upgrade the software. If you don't hear back from me, then that is a fix and the detective hat comes off and the running a business hat stays on for good...

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Delmas Costin, Nov 12, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win+X->Control Panel->Default Programs
    Then set Adobe Acrobat Pro to be the default program to open/edit pdf file.

Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 12, 2015
  5. ddelo Win User
    Dear topgundcp,

I have the same problem, but in the 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs' none of the installed adobe apps (Photoshop, Acrobat XI Pro, Audition, Dreamweaver) is registered and thus cannot be selected.

Any ideas, how to add the adobe apps in the 'Set Default Programs'?

ddelo, Dec 22, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Another way to set the default for an app. For example: .jpg, .png etc... to open with photoshop. Just right click on the .jpg, .png etc... select open with->Choose another app, if it's not on the list, scroll down to the bottom and click on More Apps then navigate to where photoshop.exe is located, usually under adobe folder in: C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (X86)

Do the same for audition, dream weaver, Acrobat pro etc...

topgundcp, Dec 22, 2015
  7. ddelo Win User
    Thanx for your reply!
    Yes, that's exactly what I did in order to set the specific extension (.pdf, .psd etc) to open with the corresponding adobe program.

But still no adobe app is listed in the 'Set Default Programs', as shown in your picture above (Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.13).
    That is why I'm asking how to register the adobe apps in Windows 10, as I read somewhere that upon installation, adobe in general does not register its application to Windows.

ddelo, Dec 23, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

OK. so do you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat ? Mine is the latest.

topgundcp, Dec 23, 2015
  9. ddelo Win User
    I've got Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.13.

Here are the screenshots

ddelo, Dec 23, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Hmmm. Strange, maybe you should try to Uninstall Acrobat then reinstall, read each screen to see if it mentions about using Acrobat as a default reader.

And you are correct. I also had Photoshop CC and Audition CC installed but I don't get anything for these 2 under Default Programs screen. However, they can be set as default by what I mentioned above.

topgundcp, Dec 23, 2015
  11. ddelo Win User
    It's not only Acrobat, but all the Adobe apps I have (Master Collection CS6) and seems that you have the same problem, with your CC ones.
    Thanx anyway for your help.

Seems that it might be worth checking this thing, about Adobe not registering its apps in Windows.
    If you do find anything, just let me know, and I'll send you a PM if I also find something.

All the best for the Christmas season!

Dimitri

ddelo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Acrobat Pro compatibility

2. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  3. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  4. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Seeking Adobe Acrobat X Pro Alternatives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Adobe Acrobat X Pro Alternatives: Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.746 Howdy All *Smile I'm a long time user of Adobe Acrobat X Pro which is now out of date and no longer supported. Adobe is pushing me to buy its "Latest and Greatest", but since I'm now retired it's hard to justify $450 and I'm not...
  6. how to download acrobat x pro in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download acrobat x pro in my PC: HOw to download acrobat x pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-acrobat-x-pro-in-my-pc/1c46b0d1-c1af-4943-9971-fdaea23a5d09
  7. Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: I have been speaking to Faui and S.K. and they were helping me with updates and fixing my issues we lost signal and we were disconnected and I haven't received a phone call back I need my labtop fixed so that I can work. Can someone please give me a call ASAP? Thanks,...
  8. Preview and thumbnails are not showing up in Windows Explorer, Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview and thumbnails are not showing up in Windows Explorer, Adobe Acrobat X Pro.: Hello. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and other programs, mostly Adobe ones. I do not get a preview of the pdf file any longer, just the Icon for Adobe Acrobat on each pdf. How do I fix this? Sue ***Modified Title from: Adobe Acrobat X Pro...
  9. Adobe Acrobat X Pro Preview - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat X Pro Preview - thumbnail: Hello. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and other programs, mostly Adobe ones. I do not get a preview of the pdf file any longer, just the Icon for Adobe Acrobat on each pdf. How do I fix this? Sue...
  10. Broken Acrobat X Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Acrobat X Taskbar Icon: Hey guys, does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem with the acrobat taskbar icon, I mean it's not a problem per-se but it's confusing sometimes because I think I'm maximizing Windows Photo Viewer instead of Acrobat (It has this broken image icon with two blue arrow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe acrobat x pro compatibility windows 10