Windows 10: "Act as part of the operating system"

Discus and support "Act as part of the operating system" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Act as part of the operating system: Security Configuration Editor; Security Services What is this user right, it seems quite juicy and useful. If I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Culbrelai, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Culbrelai Win User

"Act as part of the operating system"

Culbrelai, Jul 28, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Jul 28, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Jul 28, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Updated: January 21, 2005

Applies To:
    Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2

aardvark, Jul 28, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    I doubt you could impersonate TrustedInstaller, or any of the sytem accounts for that matter. TrustedInstaller is a system, not a user account. Windows makes a distinction between them.

LMiller7, Jul 28, 2016
  6. Culbrelai Win User
    Lol. here it is on Windows 10. It's also on XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1...

This is my point, there's only old information about what this setting really does.

"Act as part of the operating system" [​IMG]

Culbrelai, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Well, Microsoft is very clear in all the documentation to NOT assign this right to normal users, but to rather use the LocalSystem account which has this right inherently.

Giving yourself this right would allow your user to run an application that can build an access token to impersonate another user, such as TrustedInstaller, but you can't really utilize this from your account alone. You would have to use the Win32 API to write an application that would do this.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2016
  8. Culbrelai Win User

LocalSystem? How would I log in as that? I have never seen such an entry anywhere.

Culbrelai, Jul 29, 2016
  9. LMiller7 Win User
    You can't log in as LocalSystem. Mystere was referring to programmers documentation.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Act as part of the operating system" - Similar Threads - Act part operating

2. Tagging as part of the operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging as part of the operating system.: Dear,Does Microsoft have plans for tagging to become part of their operating system in the near future?Apple has chosen this path already in 2013 OS X Mavericks and all the IOS products. It has given users unbound dimensions to organise their information.What's holding back...
  3. Tagging as part of the operating system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging as part of the operating system.: Dear,Does Microsoft have plans for tagging to become part of their operating system in the near future?Apple has chosen this path already in 2013 OS X Mavericks and all the IOS products. It has given users unbound dimensions to organise their information.What's holding back...
  4. Application is suddenly blocked because "attempting to "Act as part of the operating system""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application is suddenly blocked because "attempting to "Act as part of the operating system"": We have had this camera system for many years now. There is an admin server and two DVR servers all running Server 2012. Client software is installed on user PCs and they can browse and view cameras by running the client application and logging in.Last week, it seems about...
  5. Application is suddenly blocked because "attempting to "Act as part of the operating system""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application is suddenly blocked because "attempting to "Act as part of the operating system"": We have had this camera system for many years now. There is an admin server and two DVR servers all running Server 2012. Client software is installed on user PCs and they can browse and view cameras by running the client application and logging in.Last week, it seems about...
  6. Application is suddenly blocked because "attempting to "Act as part of the operating system""

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating System: Microsoft tried to update my window 10 to window 11. It messed up my previous operating system. I received a error message that stated, "Previous operating system has failed. My operating system has went back to the reset system. I can not find any of my documents, files,...
  8. Operation System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operation System: " You are running 32-bit Windows, But this installer installs 64-Bit which can only be installed on 64-bit Windows. Please download the 32-bit version on website " This is the error message i get on almost every program i try to install to my device. but my system shows i...
  9. Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating System: What can I do to stop getting the message, “An Operating System wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system. Press any key to restart.”, when I turn on my computer?...
  10. Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating System: I deleted my operating system somehow when factory resetting my computer. I have an HP Envy that came pre-installed with Windows 10. Is there anything I can do to recover windows?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Act as part of the operating system

2. Act as a part of the operating system とは

3. Act as part of the operating system s-1-0-0