Windows 10: Action center / compatibility assistant repeating

Discus and support Action center / compatibility assistant repeating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The action center informed me that CCleaner was not compatible and was removed. Every time the pc is booted, it repeats that message. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KenGarvie, Jan 10, 2016.

1. KenGarvie Win User

Action center / compatibility assistant repeating

The action center informed me that CCleaner was not compatible and was removed. Every time the pc is booted, it repeats that message. I have tried removing every trace of CCleaner I can find but it still repeats the message at boot.

I don't want to turn off notifications, only stop it from telling me CCleaner was removed!

Any ideas?

:)

KenGarvie, Jan 10, 2016

2. Repeating Action Center notifications.

I keep getting a notification that both my firewalls are off. I don't use the one that came with Windows 10, I have a stand alone that I have used for years with no trouble. However, I know for a fact that the Firewall IS up and cannot figure out where
    this message is coming from. Any ideas? I use ZoneAlarm Pro for my firewall.

CatraFelinis, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Repeating Action Center notifications.

If you know for a fact that your firewall is working fine, but Windows doesn't detect it for some reason, you could opt to just turn off those messages. To do that:

1) Type "check security status" in to the Start menu search box (aka Cortana) and open it

2) On the left side, click "Change Security and Maintenance Settings"

3) Turn off the Firewall checkbox, then click OK

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 10, 2016
  4. Action center / compatibility assistant repeating

Same things happened to me!
    I have download new CCleaner compatible with win10 but message is still coming .

Pandemoniac, Jan 10, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    Strange-

I've been using Ccleaner on my Win-10 system with no issues. I am using the latest version- 5.13.5460 (x64)

Have a look HERE for info on how to disable notifications.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Action center / compatibility assistant repeating

1. Action center / compatibility assistant repeating - Similar Threads - Action center compatibility

2. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  3. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  6. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  7. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  9. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593
  10. Getting double/repeat notifications from Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting double/repeat notifications from Action Center: For a while now I have been getting a double/repeat notifications from the W10 Action Center. Seems it happens mostly with Cortana giving me sports score updates and Facebook giving me one of its various updates that someone has posted, liked, etc, etc. This has been...