Windows 10: action center does not update notifications anymore

Discus and support action center does not update notifications anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro since release as an upgrade from Windows 7 Prof., and most things including the new action center worked fine. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rokota, Sep 20, 2015.

1. rokota Win User

action center does not update notifications anymore

Hello,

i am using Windows 10 Pro since release as an upgrade from Windows 7 Prof., and most things including the new action center worked fine. But since three days now the action center is totally empty, shows only the "no new notifications"-message. All of my settings are still correct, my accounts in Mail App e.g. are still active (and showing my new mails if i open it), the action center settings to show banner+sound for Apps and programs are all ON, and every single piece of software i am using is working as intended, except the action center *Sad

I don't really know what's suddenly wrong? I did not install any new software or made a driver update. The only thing last days was an automatic update for Windows Defender, but i don't think that's causing the issue.

Any ideas how i can get the action center back to work? Perhaps soem Windows services aren't running but i don't know which one could be responsible for the noticifations. I checked the installation with "sfc /scannow", no error.
    Would be nice to get the action center back, it's very annyoing if i need to have every program always open.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints and solutions, and sorry, if i mispelled some of the technicals wrong, i am using the german version of Windows 10 so i just translated it *Wink

//edit

Oh, and no, i didn't accidentally set the action center to "quiet"

:)

rokota, Sep 20, 2015

2. No sound in Action Center

I've updated to Threshold 2 a few days back with no errors, problems, etc.

The only issue I have is that the Action Center doesn't have sounds for the notifications anymore, like in the previous build.

The notifications pop up like before... for Twitter, regarding system, weather, others. But with no sound.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

I've checked the Sound Scheme, also the settings in System > Notifications & actions.

Any ideas?

Action Center & November Update- Original Title

09cfd100-ba8c-4e48-b298-6f46b371cf1d, Sep 20, 2015
  3. How to stop this notification on Windows 10?

To get rid of the Action Center spam, the best solution for me was to disable the useless Action Center:

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Turn system icons on or off > Action Center = Off

Maybe it’s unnecessary, but I also disabled:

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > "Show me tips about Windows" = Off

But I enabled:

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > "Show app notifications" = On

App notifications are important for the Windows 10 app “Alarms & Clock“. Otherwise it will not ring anymore.

Without the Action Center the Windows 10 experience improved a lot.

a46c7f75-b9aa-496e-9105-1188e3b2501d, Sep 20, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

It depends on if you went into Settings and set to not notify you for anything. I have my wife's computer and a test machine to only notify if the system has updated. When using Chrome, it can end up notifying you about stuff, which can become a PITA.

bro67, Sep 20, 2015
  5. rokota Win User
    My setting for notification are set ALL to ON, but not one single program notifies me actually *Sad

The joke is: it worked fine since release of Win 10, and i made absolutely NO changes last time, and suddenly three days ago the action center stopped displaying any messages. Don't get me wrong, action center is still working so it is not the known bug with this crashed database. It does just display me "no new notifications"-message, anyway what program i'm running! No new mails are shown, no update notes, no planned and started processes etc., nothing! And honestly i don't really know what is going wrong here and how to solve it?!

[edit]

Ok, i found it. It's an issue with Windows Defender. If i deactivate it, notifications are working again, until i re-activate the Defender. Must be some bug Microsoft implemented in one of the last updates *Sad

Hope they'll fix it soon, because it's not very safe to have an unprotected Windows running!

rokota, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. action center does not update notifications anymore - Similar Threads - action center does

2. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  3. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  4. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  5. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  7. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  8. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. Action Center does not display all notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center does not display all notifications: Hello I have a 64 bit Windows 10 build 14393.10 on my PC and I wonder if anyone can tell me why Action Centre does not always display 'toast' notification messages for emails received in Outlook 2013 and also when I have selected Eject in Windows Explorer to remove a...