Windows 10: Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working

Discus and support Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Despite all is set as instructed also here (Action Center - Show or Hide Number of New Notifications in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjsuominen, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working

Hi all,

Despite all is set as instructed also here (Action Center - Show or Hide Number of New Notifications in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) I do not get the COUNT of new notifications to appear in the Taskbar Icon. The flag changes, yes, but NOT the number of new notification items...

Anyone else having this (working / not working)?

W10 Pro 64-bit with AU and latest KB's as of today.

//t

:)

tjsuominen, Aug 10, 2016

2. windows 10 notification number badge not showing

Thank you for the information.

Notifications in Windows 10 are integrated into the Action Center. The white Action Center icon indicates that you have new notifications, and the number badge shows you how many.

To disable the number badge, right-click the Action Center icon and select
    "Don't show number of new notifications" on the pop-up menu.

To help you turn it on, right-click on the Action Center icon and choose
    "Show number of new notifications" option.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Action Center Taskbar Icon not Showing App Icons

Hello fellow Windows 10 Users!

I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update and tested it out. In my testings, I have found that when a notification arrives, the action center taskbar icon should show the number of notifications (which it does, yay!) as well as occasionally show the app
    icon of the apps that the notifications belong to. For some reason, my action center taskbar icon is not showing these app icons at all, and whether the taskbar is auto hide or not doesn't matter. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

Benjamin

Awesome1pc2, Aug 10, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working

AndreTen, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Thank You AndreTen!

That with disabling "Use small taskbar buttons" did the trick.

Problem solved.

tjsuominen, Aug 11, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Great! Glad it worked. *Smile

AndreTen, Aug 11, 2016
  7. I did what you suggested but still not working *Sad

mohammedkh, Aug 12, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

Hi and welcome to Tenforums. You have the same problem?

First check the tutorial in the first post (link)!

AndreTen, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Sorry I thought it is the same problem but my problem is that when I click on the action center button it wont open and even if I got new notifications nothing would appear :/

mohammedkh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working - Similar Threads - Action Center Show

2. How to hide number of new Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide number of new Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: Action Center shows the total number of new notifications like a badge on the respective icon in Taskbar. If you want to hide the total number of new notifications in Action Center, here is how you can do that. Apart from the in-built user-friendly option, you can use...
  3. Notifications not showing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not showing in Action Center: I have applications that are showing notification banners but never show up in the Action Center even though I have it enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-showing-in-action-center/8532d504-e5ee-45c4-ae25-6a6b80f04f17
  4. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  5. Action center not showing notifications

Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  6. Action Center is not showing past notifications

Action Center is not showing past notifications: This is a non functioning tool if I can not see what it notified me of. I have been looking for information on someone from my past for a long time. At start up before I even put in my passcode, I see a notification with this persons name on it so, I click to open it...
  7. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  8. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  9. Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center not showing notifications: Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing. This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2. I tried these suggestions...
  10. Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon: How to: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon Turn On or Off Show Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from...