Windows 10: Action centre and location

Discus and support Action centre and location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have noticed like a few others doing a search on the internet that since the Creative update for Windows 10 HOME, the location service Icon will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stuarttunstall, May 15, 2017.

1. Action centre and location

Hi
    I have noticed like a few others doing a search on the internet that since the Creative update for Windows 10 HOME, the location service Icon will continue to run once you open action centre.... providing you do not open action centre then the icon will come and go as it should, not stay on all the time..
    Is this a known issue with the Creative update and can it be fixed?
    Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, May 15, 2017

2. Action centre and location service

You can turn it off in Start > Settings > Privacy > Location

Its used for services like Maps, Nightlight and Weather.

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2017
  3. stuart_t Win User
    Action centre and location service

Not causing any issues, but rather than just come and go like prior to the CU update once you open action centre it stays on... quite a few have reported this...

I think it is a notification issue rather than the location service is actually running.... This is from task manager after the icon has shown for about an hour.. as you can see using nothing

Action centre and location [​IMG]

stuart_t, May 15, 2017
  4. Action centre and location

Are you saying the location service icon that looks like this?

The Pool Man, May 16, 2017
  5. Yep. As the OP says, it happens to me too. It will come and go until the action center is open. Then it stays in the task bar until the shutdown/reboot.

Bobby Phoenix, May 16, 2017
  6. That's the one.... works perfect until you open action centre then stays on all the time... I did look in task manager and mine did not seem to be using anything so I am not sure if it is just an issue with the icon rather than the location service... will check again tonight *Smile

It has been mentioned on the feedback hub...

stuarttunstall, May 16, 2017
  7. Action centre and location

That was the post I found and logged it myself on the feedback hub...

Looking in task manager the icon is on at the moment but it does not seem to be using much so maybe it is an icon issue and the location service is not actually running... This is mine now...

stuarttunstall, May 16, 2017
  8. Both myself and another member have both noticed that if you install the latest cumulative update, KB4020102 this seems to fix this issue... The location icon comes and goes as always, but does not appear at all if you open action centre *Smile

Stuart

stuarttunstall, Jun 2, 2017
  9. I thought it was just me. Good to see a fix!

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 2, 2017
  10. Been OK since the update, even though the update mentions nothing about this issue lol

stuarttunstall, Jun 2, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Go to Settings\Personalization\Taskbar\Turn system icons on or off

and turn it off, like I did looooong ago*Wink

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2017
  12. Action centre and location

That wasn't the issue. Turning it off there only means it won't show on the task bar, but it will be in the hidden icons. The issue is under normal use the icon would come and go, but if you opened the Action Center it stayed until reboot. Now even opening the Action Center, it still comes and goes like normal.

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 2, 2017
  13. Berton Win User
    The only one I haven't found a switch for is Project. This is on a Desktop that will never connect to a projector like the possibility to do so will be with my Notebooks.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Action centre and location

1. Action centre and location - Similar Threads - Action centre location

2. Action Centre not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre not working: Why can't I turn action center off or on? I am using Windows 10 version 20H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/d0d693b1-236e-4f34-a3db-977ae9d6334f
  3. problem with action centre

problem with action centre: when i click on the action center icon on task bar sometimes nothing happens while mostly the action centre opens with all blank look without even the options for bluetooth wifi etc. same is the problem with the battery and wifi icons. Some apps are taking too long to open...
  4. Action Centre

Action Centre: Before i used to have the tablet mode icon in my action centre, but recently i resetted my pc because it was a bit sluggish, but now the tablet icon seems to be missing from the right panel action centre, the tablet mode is there in my pc, but the icon has disappeared from...
  5. Action centre

Action centre: I can see the action centre icon on the bottom right of desktop, with a number of messages, but it will not open. When I go to system, notifications and actions and select Edit your quick actions, I get the error message "We're updating windows shell experience host. It...
  6. action centre

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    action centre: The notification center will not stay open. Comes on momentarily and then goes off. How do I get it to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/300d282a-65a5-45c1-adad-2d13f3e56962"
  7. Action centre

Action centre: I am unable to find or open action centre. Windows 10 Home 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3b83ba86-2001-4c48-980e-50dc281c08cd
  8. Action centre

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action centre: After update to 1809 action centre is not showing the notifications.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3214836e-d26b-407c-b25b-3ecdd232b489
  9. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....
  10. What does Clicking "Location" in the Action Centre do?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does Clicking "Location" in the Action Centre do?: Does it turn Location privacy on and off? 22251