Windows 10: Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.

Discus and support Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Since upgrading to Win10 I've noticed as in the title, my action centre won't play any sounds or toast banner notify me at all. When I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nostos156, Aug 4, 2015.

1. nostos156 Win User

Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.

Hi,

Since upgrading to Win10 I've noticed as in the title, my action centre won't play any sounds or toast banner notify me at all. When I get an email in gmail, I'll see the icon in the taskbar go white, but absolutely no sounds or anything.

I've checked the settings and they're turned on, so I'm at a loss at what could cause it. Quiet hours are off as well.

:)

nostos156, Aug 4, 2015

2. Disabling action centre

Hi Rory,

It looks like if you turn off the "show in action center" for a specific in the notifications+action center settings, that you will turn off the Sounds and notification banners as well.

So you can't turn off the notification center and still have the banners(toast notifications) pop up.

Johan van Mierlo, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Notifications on mobile no longer work following up-grade

Following an update yesterday (03/05/17) I am no longer able to get any notifications in the Action Centre on my Lumia 640 XL LTE.

In the Gmail (via Outlook Calendar) it shows

Notifications On

Show notification banners On

Show notifications in Action Centre On

Keep notifications private on the lock screen Off

Vibrate On

Notification sound Default

Number of notifications 3

Priority of notifications in Action Centre Normal

These are the same for other things I would like to see in the Action Centre.

What do I need to do to get notifications in Action Centre back

Thanks for help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JenniferAshlin, Aug 4, 2015
  4. nostos156 Win User

Nobody know anything? Google isn't helping.

nostos156, Aug 5, 2015
  5. tw33k Win User
    Open up Group Policy Editor
    Under User Configuration open Start Menu and Taskbar
    Click Notifications
    On the right you'll see Turn off toast notifications
    Right-click it Edit
    Set to disable

tw33k, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds. - Similar Threads - Action Centre doesn't

2. Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  3. Action centre and new notifications

Action centre and new notifications: The icon on the task bar wont open. have tried these options:- On the right end of thetaskbar, select the Action Center icon. Press the Windows logo key + A. On a touchscreen device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen the icon shows I have 3 notifications but nothing...
  4. Notifications and action centre not opening

Notifications and action centre not opening: Hi, I need help. I have Windows 10 and my notifications and action centre is not opening, no matter what I do. I have a video in this post showing what I mean. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU43kvNMjvk I did all of these things:...
  5. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...
  6. Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop notification toasts but keep the sound: The title says it. Is there any way to do this? We need the sounds to warn staff that documents and photos are arriving in Dropbox, but the notifications toast pops up right over top of a key app process button which cannot be moved. I did have a registry hack that put the...
  7. No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.: Hello, Previously, whenever I got a notification, a banner would show, a sound would play and a (1) would appear on the Action Centre icon. Then, I accidentally right-clicked the Action Centre icon and clicked on "Don't show number of new notifications". After clicking...
  8. Action Centre not showing notifications since last update

Action Centre not showing notifications since last update: Yesterday my PC had the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" since then I have not received and Email notifications. or any other notifications for that matter. Suggestions please. Thnaks...
  9. Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?: Is there a way to selectively disable notifications in the Action Centre? I want notifications from Windows Update so I don't have Windows shut down unexpectedly to update itself, but I definitely don't want Facebook notifications because they never stop. Or is there a way to...
  10. Action Centre strange notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre strange notification: I get a notification that keeps popping up in the action centre and does nothing when I click on it, it just fades away only to re-appear short time later. It's not causing me any issues, but I'd love to know what it means... Google doesn't come up with anything. All it says...