Windows 10: Action centre/notifications not working following creator update.

Discus and support Action centre/notifications not working following creator update. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Following the creator update nothing happens following a left click on the action centre notifications icon in the bottom right. A right click shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by woldsweather, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Action centre/notifications not working following creator update.

Following the creator update nothing happens following a left click on the action centre notifications icon in the bottom right. A right click shows the menu or action centre but it doesn't open.

:)

woldsweather, Apr 15, 2017

2. Action Center not opening in Win 10

Neither the volume control nor the notifications/action centre will open for me after the creators update yesterday.

TheMaverick1953, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Notifications on mobile no longer work following up-grade

Following an update yesterday (03/05/17) I am no longer able to get any notifications in the Action Centre on my Lumia 640 XL LTE.

In the Gmail (via Outlook Calendar) it shows

Notifications On

Show notification banners On

Show notifications in Action Centre On

Keep notifications private on the lock screen Off

Vibrate On

Notification sound Default

Number of notifications 3

Priority of notifications in Action Centre Normal

These are the same for other things I would like to see in the Action Centre.

What do I need to do to get notifications in Action Centre back

Thanks for help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JenniferAshlin, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Action centre/notifications not working following creator update.

Sometimes restarting the computer will sort this if it's just a glitch.

Brink, Apr 15, 2017
  5. I have restarted many times since this happened including the PC being off all night. I have run sfc /scannow and tried dism but that says it cant find the source file.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, DISM is not working properly in the Creators Update right now.

Does pressing Win+A open the action center for you as a workaround?

Brink, Apr 15, 2017
  7. No that doesn't open the Action Centre.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 15, 2017
  9. Yes might come to that. Will have to back up 2Tb HD twice before that so I may be some time.

10. That fixed it thanks for everyone's help. Used media creation tool to do an update install without losing installed program.

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Action centre/notifications not working following creator update. - Similar Threads - Action centre notifications

2. Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  3. Action Centre not working

Action Centre not working: Why can't I turn action center off or on? I am using Windows 10 version 20H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/d0d693b1-236e-4f34-a3db-977ae9d6334f
  4. Action Centre not working

Action Centre not working: I have a brand new Surface Pro 7. Gone through all the updates, so running 20H2 19042.870. The action centre is not working or mostly not working. - sometimes empty of everything no buttons, no messages - sometimes the buttons are greyed out, but will ungrey if I wait...
  5. Action centre and new notifications

Action centre and new notifications: The icon on the task bar wont open. have tried these options:- On the right end of thetaskbar, select the Action Center icon. Press the Windows logo key + A. On a touchscreen device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen the icon shows I have 3 notifications but nothing...
  6. Action Centre Not Working

Action Centre Not Working: Hi, Action Centre is not opening when I click. The icon says 1 message but I cannot open it and it won't open by itself. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/16b0de8f-14e4-432b-870a-4c6d0f1f4bc6
  7. Notifications and action centre not opening

Notifications and action centre not opening: Hi, I need help. I have Windows 10 and my notifications and action centre is not opening, no matter what I do. I have a video in this post showing what I mean. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU43kvNMjvk I did all of these things:...
  8. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...
  9. Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?: Is there a way to selectively disable notifications in the Action Centre? I want notifications from Windows Update so I don't have Windows shut down unexpectedly to update itself, but I definitely don't want Facebook notifications because they never stop. Or is there a way to...
  10. Action Centre strange notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre strange notification: I get a notification that keeps popping up in the action centre and does nothing when I click on it, it just fades away only to re-appear short time later. It's not causing me any issues, but I'd love to know what it means... Google doesn't come up with anything. All it says...