Windows 10: Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10

Discus and support Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently did a Reset PC for factory settings on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I'm reinstalling programs that were removed. However, I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AJLink, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AJLink Win User

Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10

I recently did a Reset PC for factory settings on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I'm reinstalling programs that were removed. However, I get an error message, example for one program, "This registration module needs to be able to access the internet. If your granted firewall access, please try again...…" I granted firewall access, both Private and Public, with no success. I don't have any other virus protection program other than Windows Defender. With no success, I turned off Windows Defender without any success. This is not the only program, as I tried installing a screen saver. The file needed to download from the internet. After starting it, it told me I needed to be connected to a network, which I was connected to my home WiFi. How do I get the programs access to the internet to register, or what settings must I change to allow the programs, and all future programs, access to the internet so registering a program won't be an issue?

Arthur

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Licensing & activation]

:)

AJLink, Aug 14, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10

1. Activate/Register A Program On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Activate Register Program

2. Unable to register for insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to register for insider program: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 11 ARM to run on a Mac M1 virtual machine. When I go to the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 I'm directed to register for the insider program however when I click the "Learn more"...
  3. Unable to register for insider program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to register for insider program: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 11 ARM to run on a Mac M1 virtual machine. When I go to the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 I'm directed to register for the insider program however when I click the "Learn more"...
  4. Can't register window insider program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't register window insider program: Hi, when I try to register for the window insider program it keeps giving me this error message. Pls, help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-register-window-insider-program/c3d37a64-54f7-42b2-bba0-fc9a000b16d3
  5. Microphone isn't registering in programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone isn't registering in programs: Ever since the last windows 10 update my Blue Yeti microphone isn't working in the Xbox companion app, Xbox app, Game Bar, and Discord. I've literally tried everything I can find online to troubleshoot it since the windows 10 troubleshooter doesn't help AT ALL.In the sounds...
  6. Not activating Cortana by not registering?

Not activating Cortana by not registering?: Morning tsm. Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to register to start Cortana. Is it enough that I simply do not register so that Cortana is not used/activated? Lg Cortana nicht...
  7. Windows program no registered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows program no registered: I work from home and I was checking to see if a program would work on my computer. this program requires windows 10, which I have, but the program comes back and says I have windows 8.2. I believe that my windows is not registered. What do I do?...
  8. Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?

Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?: So i was setting up a program to run as admin on my laptop, when i noticed a checkbox under that tab id never seen before anywhere else. I immediately checked another program, and its there as well. This isnt present on my two desktops - and so it leads me to believe its...
  9. Cannot register for Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot register for Windows Insider Program: I tried to register the windows insider program using my hotmail account at https://insider.windows.com/, but after I click the submit button, I receive this failure: [ATTACH]I also tried to log in my windows 10 using this account and register in control panel, still not...
  10. Windows 10 registers Malwarebytes as anti-virus program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 registers Malwarebytes as anti-virus program: Hello, I use AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes running on Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10. The Windows registers both as anti-virus and says Malwarebytes is off (it isn't) and I get an error icon on the side bar and notification. I also followed a link to security and...