Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 clean installed using upgraded serial key

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 clean installed using upgraded serial key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Asus Zenbook UX303LN to Windows 10 single language and have recorded the upgraded serial key using windows serial viewer. Yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by farid, Dec 12, 2015.

1. farid Win User

Activate Windows 10 clean installed using upgraded serial key

I have upgraded my Asus Zenbook UX303LN to Windows 10 single language and have recorded the upgraded serial key using windows serial viewer. Yesterday I unintentionally did something that cause my notebook can not boot properly. I tried to repair and recover the OS but it said that the reparation and recovery failed.

I tried to do clean install using USB booting. However, when the upgraded serial key didn't work for installation and activation. Anybody can help me to solve why the upgraded serial key doesn't work for clean install?
    thx.

:)

farid, Dec 12, 2015

2. Can I use my upgrade serial number to install from an ISO file?

You do not need a serial if you have first upgraded AND activated win 10. Should you need/want to do a clean install from ISO you can simply skip the step where it asks for a serial/key and it will check with the activation servers to verify the install
    is genuine.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 12, 2015
  3. Rahim.B. Win User
    Clean Install after redstone update

Hi,

I installed clean version of windows 10 using my windows 7 serial key. I've heard the free upgrade to windows 10 will end on July 29 and a big update is coming on August 2.

Can i install a clean version of Windows 10 after the big update using my windows 7 serial key?

Rahim.B., Dec 12, 2015
  4. SonicBlue Win User

It did work for me on a clean install of 10 with a iso.

SonicBlue, Dec 12, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    Hi farid, welcome to Ten Forums. Since you already had windows 10 installed via an upgrade you do not need to use a key when you reinstall. When you get to a screen that asks for a key during installation choose "skip" in the lower right hand side. When you are installed it will activate automatically. This is called a "digital entitlement".

JohnC, Dec 13, 2015
  6. farid Win User
    Hi, I did fresh install instead of reset OS and it didn't work for me *Sad

farid, Dec 13, 2015
  7. farid Win User
    Thanks John for the response.it
    The story started when I added additional half size msata SSD to my zenbook and cloned the upgraded windows 10 from the original 1tb HDD. I need to clean reset the OS and got fail several times. I decided to do fresh install. When it was asked to fill the key, I wrote the upgraded serial key and not work. I choose to skip the key and activated using the upgraded one again.... and it didn't work again *Sad

I am thinking to do reset to factory default (windows 8.1) again and re-upgrade again, but afraid to fail... again and again...

farid, Dec 13, 2015
  8. SonicBlue Win User

Hi farid, I used the upgrade key on the ISO version 10240 downloaded from the MS site Clean install and worked fine. Where did you get yours, is it the recovery image usb?

SonicBlue, Dec 13, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    farid, you probably installed the wrong edition or language of Windows 10. Run showkeyplus from this forum and it will tell you if you have a Windows 8 product key stored in bios and what edition/version of Windows 8 it is for. If you install the current (version 1511, build 10586) Windows 10, with the matching language and edition, it will not ask you for a product key because it will install and activate by reading the Window 8 product key stored in bios.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2015
  10. farid Win User
    SonicBlue and NavyLCDR, Thanks for the guidance. I put my notebook to ASUS service point for windows 8.1 recovery... I will report the result after upgrading again to Windows 10.

farid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activate Windows 10 clean installed using upgraded serial key - Similar Threads - Activate clean installed

2. Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.: Hi, I'm planning to upgrade my laptop's hard drive to SSD. My laptop came with a pre-installed version of Windows 10 Home. My doubt is whether I can activate the clean install copy with the existing product key and continue using windows on my PC. Please give me detailed...
  3. Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key: I have a PC that I've been running for many years and it originally had Windows XP which was upgraded to Windows 7 Pro using a purchased Windows 7 Pro Upgrade key. This PC was then later upgraded for free to Windows 10, however the hard drive has failed and I'm replacing the...
  4. Acceptable activation serial key

Acceptable activation serial key: I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64...
  5. Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating: Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key.... It was activated before I did the clean...
  6. Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded)

Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded): So a few months back I upgraded for free from win7 to win10 Pro. Today I got a new CPU, RAM, MBO (also currently using the new MBO onboard GPU, waiting for my new one) and did a clean install of Win10 (from USB created with MediaCreationToolkit). Now I remember reading...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates

Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates: Ye old Error code: 0xC004C003 I made sure 8.1 Pro to the upgrade to 10 Pro was activated before I did a clean install. This last month the system has been acting weird. Once in windows its fine, but I was getting startup errors that made windows restart while starting...
  8. Clean install to downgrade, serial key question

Clean install to downgrade, serial key question: I've installed Windows 10 and after a few days I want to rollback to Windows 8.1 Because I used a Media Creation Tool, apparently the files needed to do so have been wiped off my drive. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 8.1, but I'm wondering, how does a clean...
  9. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?: Hey Guys I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro. I then used the same media creation tool to download the iso and used Rufus to put it onto a usb so that I could do a clean install....