Windows 10: Activating Microsoft Account to new MB. Will this be a problem?

Discus and support Activating Microsoft Account to new MB. Will this be a problem? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I believe I can transfer to a new motherboard, RAM & GPU & activate my original Microsoft Account because I have a digital license as stated below. Am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GARoss, Jun 28, 2017.

1. GARoss Win User

Activating Microsoft Account to new MB. Will this be a problem?

I believe I can transfer to a new motherboard, RAM & GPU & activate my original Microsoft Account because I have a digital license as stated below. Am I correct? Just want to be sure!

Thanks

Activating Microsoft Account to new MB.  Will this be a problem? [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, Jun 28, 2017

2. Will This Be Free On a New Custom Build Desktop Computer

Once you Upgrade Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 with the free Upgrade and it activates, it is tied to that hardware for the rest of its life to reinstall as often as you please. Even if you get rid of it, go back to the old OS, or install a completely different
    OS, you can reinstall Windows 10 later and it will activate once the Upgrade is first activated.

Only if the motherboard is changed will it likely require reactivation by an agent as discussed in

How to Use Your Free Windows 10 License After Changing Your PC’s Hardware

Best way to Upgrade is to
    Create Windows 10 Installation Media

for the matching version, run Setup as Administrator from the old OS. Choose to Save Nothing and it will be very close to a Clean Install, although you can still at any time once it's activated

Clean Install Windows 10

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Apcorson Win User
    Will This Be Free On a New Custom Build Desktop Computer

I was gonna make a new custom built computer soon and I was just wondering if I get windows 10 for free in the time frame it is still free, or will it last even after it isn't available anymore? Basically I'm asking if windows 10 is a trial or a permanent
    upgrade once you get it for free.

Apcorson, Jun 28, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Activating Microsoft Account to new MB. Will this be a problem? - Similar Threads - Activating Microsoft Account

2. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer after a hardware change and I created my user account with a different Microsoft account than what was on my old install. Now, when I try to activate Windows 10 with my old product key, I get error 0xc004c060 "Unable to activate...
  3. windows activation problem on mb changed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation problem on mb changed: I've recently changed my motherboard and i can't activate windows 10 anymore, the error is 0x803fa067. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-problem-on-mb-changed/dfe92ea2-fce0-42e9-b3d7-3862c79853b4
  4. windows activation problem on mb changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation problem on mb changed: I've recently changed my motherboard and i can't activate windows 10 anymore, the error is 0x803fa067. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-problem-on-mb-changed/dfe92ea2-fce0-42e9-b3d7-3862c79853b4
  5. windows activation problem on mb changed

6. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  7. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  8. How to stay activated with a new MB/processor.

How to stay activated with a new MB/processor.: Hi, been using computers since the 60's. First was an IBM 7040 (serial #2). Lots of Burroughs, Honeywell, Sperry, IBM and a few other brands of mainframes over the years. Multiple brands of mini-computers. My first home PC was an IBM AT with EGA graphics; it was the first AT...
  9. New Microsoft account activity policy

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft account activity policy: Published: July 01, 2019 Effective: August 30, 2019 This Microsoft account activity policy describes when Microsoft may close your account due to account inactivity. You may choose to close your Microsoft account at any time on the Microsoft account management website and...
  10. Moving Activation to a new MB

Moving Activation to a new MB: I am a developer who does work for the VA and a DoD contractor. I am under orders to change-out my Intel MB for an AMD Threadripper one. I don't make the rules - I just have to follow them. I am on W10 Pro x64... How do I move my license from my existing MSI MB and...