Windows 10: Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

Discus and support Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bright Eyes, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power saver would probably set me back to 48 minutes remaining.

And the brightness does reduce which is strange. Why would this reduce my batter instead of saving it?

:)

Bright Eyes, Nov 27, 2016

2. How much battery power is left

I don't know if it is new or not, but in settings - battery saver, it will say "Remaining Battery Life"

CoreyBryant, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 creator update 1703

Depending on the activities, it can be 12 to 14.5 hours. So, light web browsing, email, music and Office productivity (word processing, spreadsheet), could give you 14.5 hours.

While watching a full length movie or streaming video, could reduce the battery life to to 12 hours.

Learn more:

Use Battery Saver in Windows 10 to Prolong Laptop ... - groovyPost

Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

Have you tested it by letting it run and see what the ACTUAL time left is? , those 'time remaining' calculations are known to be a little bit 'squirly' when system states change, they're really only guestimates.

Wullail, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

1. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life - Similar Threads - Activating power saver

2. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  3. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  4. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power Mode Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Mode Battery Saver: I wanted to know little deep about how battery saver option works and how much energy it saves within an hour considering the laptop is brand new. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-battery-saver/a2c0a78b-544f-45fa-84c9-eca023caaf35
  6. battery life span saver

battery life span saver: when i buy my notebook i got win 10 home and it has option to charge battery at max 60%, than i installed win educational and than i got win 10 home back again but now i dont have that option in my settings, can you help me what to download or what to install to get it please...
  7. Windows 10 remaining battery life display

Windows 10 remaining battery life display: My laptop's display of remaining battery life has disappeared from the desktop task bar. How do I return the display to the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remaining-battery-life-display/e1e54973-b44f-4ef3-88d0-3ac653d544f8
  8. Battery Saver and Power saving

Battery Saver and Power saving: Should i change power slide to better performance or best performance while gaming ? if i am not wrong, power saver on windows 7 reduced cpu speed and it was bad for games. BUT new power slide mode (battery saver, better battery, etc.) affects to computer speed or game...
  9. what does the battery saver actually do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what does the battery saver actually do?: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. Does it disable the auto update of programs? Does it make some apps and stuff not work? 28788
  10. battery saver won't reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    battery saver won't reduce brightness: Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it...