Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings. I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Michaelvas17, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Greetings.

I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean install (the system is blank anyway)

Can I use the key on the COA to activate Windows 10 Pro? Just wondering as the activation rules for 10 are pretty sketchy.

Thanks.

:)

Michaelvas17, Nov 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 Activation with win 7 key

Dear Team,

I have the laptop with win 7 pro activated OEM. unfortunately i have cleaned windows 7 pro and installed windows 10 pro freshly. Now iam not able to activate windows 10 pro. So how can i activate windows 10 pro.

Note: is there any chance to activate windows 10 pro with windows 7 key

LakshmiSekhar, Nov 9, 2016
  3. burue Win User
    Windows 10 updater doesn't accept genuine Windows 7 OEM key

I have here a Windows 7 Pro oem which is activated and genuine. When I run the Windows 10 update from a Windows 10 Pro iso (matching the "Pro" from 7), it prompts me for a key but doesn't accept the Windows 7 pro oem key that I just used to active Windows
    7 on the same machine..

**** MICROSOFT?

burue, Nov 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

You should still be able to. The official free upgrade has ended but Microsoft activation servers, as of a couple days ago, are still handing out free activations of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Nov 9, 2016
  5. Great! Thanks for the quick response

edit: ​Works.

Michaelvas17, Nov 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thanks for the confirmation!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA? - Similar Threads - Activating Pro Pro

2. windows 10 pro oem activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro oem activation problem: Hi , l purchased a new pc and a windows 10 pro oem software with a box. The pc did not have a dvd drive so l downloaded windows 10 pro software and installed it form the usb drive . l entered the product key on the box . İnstallation finished , when l restarted the pc there...
  3. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  4. Windows 10 Pro COA & Key

Windows 10 Pro COA & Key: I have been purchasing Equus Nobilis Desktop computers for several years. Since the introduction of Windows 10 these computers do not come with a COA/Product Key on the Tower Case or with the Windows 10 DVD. I know manufacturers hold licensing agreements that assigned them...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM

Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM: Hello, I have trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop Schenker Via 15: https://www.schenker-tech.de/en/schenker-via-15-en I have an OEM product key which I purchased from Playasia. Before asking my question here, I tried to fix this issue on my own searching the...
  6. Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?: Hi My laptop has Windows 10 Home but it came with a Windows 7 Pro OEM key by looking online every site I go to says I can do a clean install and put in my Windows 7 Pro key and it will activate Windows 10 Pro OEM on my laptop. I am wondering if this will work? I have a HP...
  7. Windows 10 Pro COA question

Windows 10 Pro COA question: Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Windows 10 from a large (I think reputable) online retailer. I am trying to verify that I did purchase a genuine US version. The COA has this printed on it: WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENGLISH USB RS I went to Microsoft's How to Tell...
  8. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from "http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade...
  9. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 oem coa

2. activating windows 10 from windowa 7 pro coa

3. upgrade to windows 10 pro coa

4. COA activate windows 10 pro