Windows 10: Activation and Purchasing Win10?

Discus and support Activation and Purchasing Win10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I have some questions here below regarding Activation. 1. If I insert a new hard drive on my notebook and then reinstall Win10, will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Activation and Purchasing Win10?

Hi all,

I have some questions here below regarding Activation.

1. If I insert a new hard drive on my notebook and then reinstall Win10, will Win10 still be activated or do I have to purchase another copy of Windows with a different product key for reactivation?
    On my old hard drive, I did a clean install of Win10.

General question regarding Clean Install and Activation of Win10

2. As far as my original Win10 installation went, I purchased a copy of Win10 DVD and used the Media Creation Tool to make a USB bootable stick. Then, when I installed Win10, I entered the product key from the Win10 DVD sticker and then I activated it online. So basically, I never had to insert the DVD.
    Is this the overall general practice for users who want to clean install Win10?

In other words, reading from the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool webpage, it does require users to enter a Product Key. So in this case like me, do people have to go out and purchase a Win10 DVD in order to get the product key and only just use the Media Creation Tool to install Windows?

That's the way that I did it.

Thanks!

:)

win10freak, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

What's This?

Your 'proof!' doesn't say its not genuine it says it is not activated.

As Neil has pointed out, you will need to purchase a license for pro and use the purchased key, it will then activate.

Martmcd, Jun 17, 2016
  3. CJLim Win User
    Is the navigation active as soon as it's purchased?

I don't think you can defer the commencement date if you purchase throught th phone and Map Loader. It will start immediately.

Alternatively if you are in the UK you can also purchase navigation vouchers by phone at the Online Shop number 0800 331 6021.

Message Edited by on 23-Oct-2008 05:39 PM

CJLim, Jun 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Activation and Purchasing Win10?

The same product key will reactivate Windows 10 again on that computer.

It is probably not the overall general practice for users who do clean installs. But there is nothing wrong with that method, either.

Most people are doing upgrades from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Activation and Purchasing Win10?

1. Activation and Purchasing Win10? - Similar Threads - Activation Purchasing Win10

2. activation win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation win10: I just replaced my motherboard and now my Windows is not activated. It is embedded in my MS account and it should not be activated. Can somebody explain to me why and how to activate it?...
  3. Activating Win10

Activating Win10: I bought and paid for Win10 Pro software license that I've been running on a Dell OptiPlex 7010 installed on an SSD drive utilizing BIO's. I bought a computer from a private party with an MSI B460 PRO MB, it has a 1 Tb NVMe M.2 SSD drive utilizing UEFI, he was running Win10...
  4. Activating Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Win10: I bought and paid for Win10 Pro software license that I've been running on a Dell OptiPlex 7010 installed on an SSD drive utilizing BIO's. I bought a computer from a private party with an MSI B460 PRO MB, it has a 1 Tb NVMe M.2 SSD drive utilizing UEFI, he was running Win10...
  5. Activating Win10

6. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  7. Win10 is not active

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 is not active: So I bought this PC ( i choose the parts but let the shop handle the putting it together and installing it ) after 6 months now it telling me win10 is not active for some reason here's what it shows me https://imgur.com/4TnXex5 ty for any help submitted by...
  8. How to activate previously purchased Win10 Pro licence after reinstall?

How to activate previously purchased Win10 Pro licence after reinstall?: Hello, I have just reinstalled the windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. The Windows is activated as Win 10 Home, although I would like to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro. Previously it was working like this, I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade from the MS Store on 23...
  9. Win10 Activation

Win10 Activation: Why must I constantly reactivate my Win10? It has been working fine for the past couple years, not it's requesting reactivation almost daily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-activation/9d7f2064-4473-4e82-8ef5-fc138937571d"
  10. Activate Win10

Activate Win10: After an update recently I got a message to activate Win10. It had been activated for all the time I have owned this computer,. When I go out to try activating to get rid of the message i get the following: I have a personal computer at home, I do not have an activation...