Windows 10: Activation at a later time

Discus and support Activation at a later time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A friend of mine has a dell n5050 laptop and would like to upgrade to windows 10. He did in the past and the upgrade didn't last long before it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nickynoo, May 20, 2016.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Activation at a later time

A friend of mine has a dell n5050 laptop and would like to upgrade to windows 10. He did in the past and the upgrade didn't last long before it (crashed - his words not mine, I wasn't there), anyway he is back on windows 7 now. I have just checked on the dell website and it seems his laptop model still isn't compatible with windows 10. My question is, if he performs the upgrade to 10 and then rolls back to 7 now (for his digital entitlement activation), will the Microsoft servers still recognise his activation on 10 after the free upgrade period is over, when possibly his laptop is compatible with windows 10. Or will the activation servers see he has reverted back to 7 and cancel his activation? I assume the only way to get digital entitlement is to do an in place upgrade or to use the get windows 10 app.

:)

Nickynoo, May 20, 2016
  2. ja-cjk Win User

Error code: 0x8007232B Windows 10

I when I try to activate windows 10 it always says: "Windows can't activate at this time. Try activating later. Error code: 0x8007232B" I've tried mant times 'Later' but it still greets me with the same message.

ja-cjk, May 20, 2016
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Scheduled Windows 10 upgrade to a later time but then Operating System Not Found

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot, then download Windows 10 from the following link and perform
    custom install. When it prompts for the product key you can skip that step and install Windows 10. To perform custom install you need to have qualifying operating system with activated.

Download Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Note: Follow How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot from article KB929135 to reset the computer to normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, May 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

................will the Microsoft servers still recognise his activation on 10 after the free upgrade period is over....................

Yes, absolutely.
    Once he has the digital entitlement, it is good for life of the computer. It will not be revoked even if the user has gone back to a previous operating system. It is still good.
    He can reinstall Windows 10 any time, and as often as he wants, in the same computer.
    That one year free upgrade restriction is no longer applicable to him.

..................... I assume the only way to get digital entitlement is to do an in place upgrade or to use the get windows 10 app...............

No. You can do Clean Install without going through the In-place Upgrade install or the "get windows 10 app".

davidhk, May 20, 2016
  5. Nickynoo Win User
    I know his computer came with windows 7 starter, now he has windows 7 pro or whatever it is called, when he originally upgraded he got windows 10 pro, and he wants pro again if he can upgrade. Now how does activation work for 10 if he wants pro and not home with a clean install or do you mean upgrade install his 7 to 10, roll back to 7, upgrade with a clean install to 10 pro because he will have digital entitlement then. He does not have his new 7 product key, and I think he will choose to not loose anything, do an upgrade install - for the benefit of other users out there that have this potential question. Thanks for your other help.

Nickynoo, May 20, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    In that case, when he is ready to reinstall Windows 10, do an In-place upgrade.
    Use Step 4.
    In-place install allows him to keep his file, settings and apps.

davidhk, May 20, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activation at a later time - Similar Threads - Activation later

2. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...: I had my Acer Aspire V3-574 series upgraded to Windows 10 Pro since it has a free upgrade. But now I suddenly got this problem "The last product key you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows. 0x8007041D" so I googled it and followed this solution[...
  3. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...: I had my Acer Aspire V3-574 series upgraded to Windows 10 Pro since it has a free upgrade. But now I suddenly got this problem "The last product key you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows. 0x8007041D" so I googled it and followed this solution[...
  4. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can i fix Window cant active try again later

How can i fix Window cant active try again later: Its been a week and a i cant active my window 8.1Its always a red error pup up that say "Window Cant activate.Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-window-cant-active-try-again-later/caf749be-5512-4bc6-99fa-4af3c1ccf0f0
  6. How can i fix Window cant active try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix Window cant active try again later: Its been a week and a i cant active my window 8.1Its always a red error pup up that say "Window Cant activate.Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-window-cant-active-try-again-later/caf749be-5512-4bc6-99fa-4af3c1ccf0f0
  7. Microsoft Phone Link app: stopped linking to phone after I activated and later deactivated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link app: stopped linking to phone after I activated and later deactivated...: Hello!I happily use the App for about 6 month and everything was just fine until recently.About a week ago I nedeed to configure some proxy settings and use connection to the Internet through proxy Internet options > Connections > LAN settings. I did not check if Phone Link...
  8. Microsoft Phone Link app: stopped linking to phone after I activated and later deactivated...

Microsoft Phone Link app: stopped linking to phone after I activated and later deactivated...: Hello!I happily use the App for about 6 month and everything was just fine until recently.About a week ago I nedeed to configure some proxy settings and use connection to the Internet through proxy Internet options > Connections > LAN settings. I did not check if Phone Link...
  9. How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?: Everytime I try to activate my windows online, it just says try again later and does not work. How do I fix this or what do I need to do to activate this?...
  10. How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?

How do I activate windows when it does not work and says try again later?: Everytime I try to activate my windows online, it just says try again later and does not work. How do I fix this or what do I need to do to activate this?...