Windows 10: Activation Confusion

Discus and support Activation Confusion in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I know there are many threads about the activation system but I was just wondering if I done it correctly. I downloaded the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheCase, Aug 1, 2015.

1. TheCase Win User

Activation Confusion

Hi All,

I know there are many threads about the activation system but I was just wondering if I done it correctly.

I downloaded the media creation tool selected upgrade and it upgraded my PC from W8.1 > W10 and the product got activated.

I then used the media creation tool to create a USB with the ISO did a clean install like that however it hasn't activated. Microsoft said the error code means I just need to wait but I'm sceptical as they have been telling me wrong information for the past few days.

Was I meant to do a clean install within windows rather booting up from ISO?

I tried my W8.1 and it is "invalid".

Thanks

:)

TheCase, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade Activation confusion

Thank you for help.

This not an direct install it's upgrade form windows 7 Pro 32bit, I reserved for Windows 10 and then installed using Media Creation Tool.

I have checked in System It is showing Activated.

is this final activation or any other work to do ?

Activation Confusion [​IMG]

Prathamesh Raut, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade Activation confusion

After a long waiting of automatic windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 pro i tried to upgrade using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and it worked fine.

Steps I followed to upgrade :

1. I downloaded windows 10 pro 32bit ISO using Media Creation Tool.

2. Copied to USB using Windows USB DVD Download Tool.

3. Upgrade Started and Completed Successfully.

Then some time i checked : Start > Settings > System > About. and found Change your product key or Upgrade your edition of Windows.

What dose it actually mean ? Do i need do enter new or purchase ?

Activation Confusion [​IMG]

After that i fount something confusing in Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

this shows your windows is activated.

Can anyone clear this confusion ?

Prathamesh Raut, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Activation Confusion

Can't clean install from within the OS, only upgrade. Appears to me that you did everything correctly and probably should trust MS on this one.

cyberrufus, Aug 1, 2015
  5. TheCase Win User
    Thanks. Although I just noticed I downloaded W10 Pro N and previously it was W8.1 Pro ... is the N version going to matter I mean it's only the media player but I'm not sure if they have different licenses or are just slightly different images.

Thanks

TheCase, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Not comparable versions is a potential problem, but I'm not sure of the licensing differences. That's probably a better question for the Microsoft forum.

cyberrufus, Aug 1, 2015
  7. AEM
    aem Win User
    Why do you need to do install from Media?

You have a year to get it through Windows Updates, Going through Windows Updates is the best way, you don't need to worry about compatibility and license issue, MS does all that for you.

Thema:

Activation Confusion

1. Activation Confusion - Similar Threads - Activation Confusion

2. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused: Ok, so imma translate some of this from norwegian to english so some of the errors, etc might not be precisely what it'd say in english. The problem happened after i did a complete wipe of the computer, during the wiping i struggled with some errors using local and simple...
  3. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused: Ok, so imma translate some of this from norwegian to english so some of the errors, etc might not be precisely what it'd say in english. The problem happened after i did a complete wipe of the computer, during the wiping i struggled with some errors using local and simple...
  4. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I am confused about Windows activation and needed a bit of help from the experts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am confused about Windows activation and needed a bit of help from the experts.: So I bought my PC from a retailer. The retailer apparently installed a pirated version of Windows 10 using KMSpico or some sort of KMS activator as he mentioned. I wasn't aware of the issue. After bringing the PC home, I clean installed the Windows and installed Windows 11...
  6. I am confused about Windows activation and needed a bit of help from the experts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am confused about Windows activation and needed a bit of help from the experts.: So I bought my PC from a retailer. The retailer apparently installed a pirated version of Windows 10 using KMSpico or some sort of KMS activator as he mentioned. I wasn't aware of the issue. After bringing the PC home, I clean installed the Windows and installed Windows 11...
  7. Product keys confused when Windows 10 was activated

Product keys confused when Windows 10 was activated: It happened that one of my PCs was activated by two product keys. The fist key should have been used to activate another PC. Currently, when trying to activate this second PC I get an error code С004С008 and message that the key cannot be used. How can I get back the license?...
  8. Confusing activation error 0xC004F211.

Confusing activation error 0xC004F211.: So, I recently performed a significant upgrade on my PC new motherboard, CPU, PSU and RAM, and whilst I made sure that Windows was activated on the original motherboard by going into the activation settings. It said exactly this: "Windows is activated with a digital license...
  9. Windows 10 activation confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation confusion: I’m getting a new PC in a few days. It doesn’t have an activated copy of windows though. My laptop, however, does. This isn’t a laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10, I got it and it came with Windows 10. Can I transfer that copy of Windows over to my new PC? submitted by...
  10. Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro

Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro: I have a new laptop pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro (and other software). I want to perform various housekeeping steps (pristine image backup, recovery USB key creation, security software installation, etc.) before connecting to the Internet for security reasons. (No domain...