Windows 10: Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows

Discus and support Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, 3 days ago I update my HW (MB, CPU, RAM & SSD), so after reinstalling all drivers and after couples of reboots I was awaited by this message on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Navje, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Navje Win User

Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows

Hi,

3 days ago I update my HW (MB, CPU, RAM & SSD), so after reinstalling all drivers and after couples of reboots I was awaited by this message on desktop "Activate Windows, go to setting and activate windows." so I do that I go to "Settings/Update & Security/Activation" there I select "troubleshoot" and than select "I change hardware on this device recently" and after that I get message "Unable to Activate Windows / We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again."

What can I do next, has anyone have any solution?

:)

Navje, Aug 30, 2016

2. activation after change hw.

A motherboard change alone is usually enough.

JoeThiesen, Aug 30, 2016
  3. JakubS. Win User
    activation after change hw.

Hi, I had a Windows 7 1-2 years ago. I updated to Windows 10 and the activation was OK. Now, I had to change my mainboard. Because of new type, I had to change CPU and RAM also.

I started my windows 10, and activation is out. I tried to use generated key, but nothing. I tried to TROUBLESHOTTING and pressed "change hardware" But still nothing.

I still have error 0x803f7001.

JakubS., Aug 30, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

as you switched your mobo, which actually is the "key" for activating the windows 10 (or 8/8.1 in that matter), you have a problem at hand.
    if i were you, id make a LONG phonecall to a MS and mourn/whine/pray quite a bit for letting them to reactivate your system *Smile

the 2nd, least favorite option is to buy retail win10 and get the system activated via that.

sure, there might be 3rd option (to install your old motherboard back) or 4th (that im not aware of?) option too, but dunno if theyre viable ones + id be interested to hear what those cases would prolly be

edit - btw, if you recently switched the motherboard, wait 4-5 days until you make a call, it might be just waiting for the reactivating too so cant say for sure for the first 72-120hours

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Superfly Win User
    If the previous PC was registered with the activation migration tool, digital licence will be transferred with MSA logon, not sure in the case that it was an OEM, however.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows - Similar Threads - Activation Error change

2. I can't activate WIn11 after i change HW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate WIn11 after i change HW: Hi, i just changed HW in my computer after long 8 years. That means MB, CPU, RAM and main SSD disc. I made slight changes before like GPU 1 year ago, but nothing more for those years. I have really old Product Key. In fact, i have no idea from which version of Windows it was...
  3. Windows activation fails after HW change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation fails after HW change: I changed my CPU and Motherboard and when I try to activate Windows with my Product Key it fails with error code: 0x803fa060.I can't find this error on the Microsoft help page that lists the possible activation errors.I didn't link my Microsoft account to the product key...
  4. Windows activation fails after HW change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation fails after HW change: I changed my CPU and Motherboard and when I try to activate Windows with my Product Key it fails with error code: 0x803fa060.I can't find this error on the Microsoft help page that lists the possible activation errors.I didn't link my Microsoft account to the product key...
  5. Windows activation fails after HW change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Activation for crappy hw

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation for crappy hw: Hello!I have a little chinese PC (CPU:Atom x5-z8350, 2GB RAM, 64GB eMMC).When I bought it, there was Win10, activated. AFAIK this kind of crap does not need to buy license for Win. (There is no space for license fee for example in...
  7. Activation of Windows after HW replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows after HW replacement: My Windows 8.1 was upgraded in the Windows Upgrade offer. The Windows 8.1 was purchased as a regular Windows 8.1 Full Version not OEM. I need to replace my motherboard and CPU as it has started to cause the PC to crash. Can I re-activate Windows with that license on the new...
  8. Windows activation after significant HW upgrade

Windows activation after significant HW upgrade: Hello all, Error 0xC004F213 My windows 10 pro is retail version my Windows 10 is free upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 7 not pre-install version and My Microsoft account is linked to digital licence, but when I try to reactive Windows after hardware changeinclude...
  9. Windows 10 Activation failure after HW change

Windows 10 Activation failure after HW change: Hello, i Change my Mobo,CPU and RAM, after that it wanted activation of Windows, i followed steps of reactivaton, but it doesnt work for me (i had Windows copy connected to my account), i can see number of error, it is 0x803F7001, both of devices are connected, so where is a...
  10. Windows not activation after a major HW change

Windows not activation after a major HW change: Hi , I had a completely activated windows with all features. I upgraded my MB and Cpu and now nothing wants to activate. I Also don't understand how I didn't receive a digital license. I have all my info for my previous activation i.e. product ID, CD key,registered owner...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unable to activate after ssd change