Windows 10: activation error question

Discus and support activation error question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have successfully upgraded my win 7 ult desktop to win 10 pro and all has been fine the last 2 days. Today I noticed that when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by glhs958, Aug 1, 2015.

1. glhs958 Win User

activation error question

I have successfully upgraded my win 7 ult desktop to win 10 pro and all has been fine the last 2 days. Today I noticed that when I go to "settings/accounts/sync" and disable sync settings the desktop immediately has a activation error and says that windows needs to be activated. Now if I turn back on the sync settings the activation error disappears and desktop is now activated again.
    Is this normal? Is their a way I can keep the activation without syncing to Microsoft?

:)

glhs958, Aug 1, 2015

2. Activation question.

If you made substantial hardware changes to your PC, such as replacing your hard drive or motherboard, Windows might no longer be activated on your PC. For info on how to activate your PC, see the product
    activation
    article.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Activation question.

I have a Gateway SX2370. I just replaced the motherboard. The computer is saying I have to activate windows 10, but the key I have is not valid. I am still using the original hard drive. Do i need a new product key, and if so, how can I get one without
    havinfg to pay. it is the same computer except for the motherboard.

Edward Hass, Aug 1, 2015
  4. activation error question

denisehilton, Aug 15, 2015
  5. check in settings, update and recovery and then the activation option

does it show windows as being activated?

paulsalter, Aug 15, 2015
  6. glhs958 Win User
    I solved the problem by reinstalling windows 7 and activating it once again. Then running the windows 10 upgrade. I have not had any more activation problems this last time and it has been about a week.

glhs958, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

activation error question

1. activation error question - Similar Threads - activation error question

2. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation questions: I am facing some issues with my laptop so I want to reset it. First time when my laptop came I signed in with my mother's account and then changed it to mine Microsoft Account.So after resetting Windows I had to use my mother's account or my account for activating?Or will it...
  3. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation questions: I am facing some issues with my laptop so I want to reset it. First time when my laptop came I signed in with my mother's account and then changed it to mine Microsoft Account.So after resetting Windows I had to use my mother's account or my account for activating?Or will it...
  4. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Activation question

Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  6. Activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  7. Activation question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Activation Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation Question: I have two devices running Windows 10 and I'd like to activate them both. One is running Home and the other is running Pro. The price of purchasing those two versions is different. Should I buy the cheapest version of Windows that I can since I only want the activation key...
  9. Activation question

Activation question: Hello. I just recieved a call from a computer company that has helped me in the past with bugs. They said that my computer isnt activated. Ive had it for four years now and it lists both product id and key #. It also says windows 10 edition but underneath it that is labled...
  10. Activation question

Activation question: I am a long time Win7 hold out. However, I just installed Win10Home on my laptop using the Media creation tool. Will I have to activate or purchase a Win10 key? I have seen some on Ebay for less than $10, but am not sure those are genuine. I have Winver 1903 and a check of...