Windows 10: Activation expiring soon error, windows reports as activated

Discus and support Activation expiring soon error, windows reports as activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop that is reporting the the license is about to expire on startup. It then asks to go to settings to active. The settings page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hectorbls, Apr 9, 2017.

1. hectorbls Win User

Activation expiring soon error, windows reports as activated

Hello,

I have a laptop that is reporting the the license is about to expire on startup. It then asks to go to settings to active. The settings page then reports that windows is already activated and shows no counter or any signs that it is indeed expiring. I have seen ShowKeyPlus being referenced in a couple of similar posts but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at. I have attached a few screenshots showing the error as well as the information obtained from ShowKeyPlus.

:)

hectorbls, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Nubbsauce Win User

Windows 10 Activation Expiration Warning on Startup

Hello,

Every time I log in to my computer, I get a pop-up saying that my Activation Key will be expiring soon. However, when I go to the Activation tab, it says that Windows is Activated by my Company and there is no other option to activate or any indication that
    it is expiring.

Any Ideas? This error is pretty new to me.

Thanks!

Nubbsauce, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Activation key

I have an error since the last update showing that " Your windows licence will expire soon. I have a relatively new computer and it came with windows 10. I need to activate windows using my activation key.

monkeyhanger, Apr 9, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Seems a bit odd your PC is 10 Home and says it is activated using your organisations activation service. Is it a work PC?

Can you post slmgr /dlv from elevated command prompt like this. It doesn't have show anything private...

Activation expiring soon error, windows reports as activated [​IMG]

EDIT Please post slmgr /xpr as well.

lx07, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    The -H8Q99 key is a Volume licence key that was incorrectly included in earlier versions of Windows 10 as a default key.

Go to settings and change your product key to the OEM one.. it will activte online.

Superfly, Apr 9, 2017
  6. hectorbls Win User
    Thank you!
    I have attached the results of the two commands as requested by lx07. Then proceeded to change the key to the the OEM key as suggested by Superfly. Ran the commands by lx07 again and verified that the windows license was indeed activated.

It is not a work laptop, it belongs to a coworker.

Thanks for the help lx07 and Superfly.

hectorbls, Apr 9, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    Same here and I dont have an OEM key. Windows CR on my pc has just come up telling me to activate it !!! It not been used since win 8 days, just auto downloads and install

elbmek, Apr 11, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2017
  9. elbmek Win User
    sorry was not thinking, CReator

I have had this pc since 8. Now on 10 creator or whatever its called. no probme going from 8 to 8.1; then 10. Then I took pc in for a clean out in a pc shop nearby, wish I had done it myself but all went well, at first. Then I put windows in direct from MS and fine until an hour ago and its asking me to activate it????

I placed call to Microsoft over an hour ago and still waiting, my guess is they are being blasted with this problem.

elbmek, Apr 11, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    There is this thread:
    Unable to reach Windows activation servers - - Windows 10 Forums

It doesn't matter what build of Windows 10 you are on, Original, November Update, Anniversary Update, or Creator's Update. What matters is what edition of Windows 10 you are on, Home, Pro, Single Language, N, Education or Enterprise.

What are the results if you run: slmgr /dlv in a command prompt (admin) window? (see post #4 above)

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2017
  11. elbmek Win User
    I spent the past 4 hours on line to Microsoft chat. And 3 different agents. Finally we got it sorted, they had to give me a new key as the activation information said I 'had to contact my organisation' to validate. HUH? What org, I am a private individual? I spsuect its all come about because a local pc shop did a clean out and removed my legit windows 10 and replaced it with his 'own ver' which only has a temp use key. But thats an educated guess. Its now 0735 hrs and I have been on chat and remotes since 0300 hrs!!

my build is: 15063.rs2_release.170317-1834 Win 10 Home

I have this on my desktop

elbmek, Apr 12, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    I've had to do that twice on Windows 10. Both times it took several hours on the phone and both times they gave me a new Windows 10 key. Mine was for a different reason - I run Windows on MacBook so need a license that can boot both Windows and as Virtual Machine on OSX. The upgrade licenses don't do that.

I just wish the people who finally give you a key (level 2?) didn't always sound as if they were mumbling from the bottom of a well. That is some cheap telephone system they are using.

It is a slow process but certainly cheaper than buying a new key - glad it worked for you *Smile

Thema:

1. Activation expiring soon error, windows reports as activated - Similar Threads - Activation expiring soon

2. Windows 10 activation expires soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation expires soon: HiRecently i updated my window 10 version to 20h2 after that i keep receiving a message saying windows 10 activation expires soon I bought my laptop 2 years ago and the windows was activated Now after updating to 20h2 i checked the settings and it shows windows is activated...
  3. windows activation license will expire soon

windows activation license will expire soon: i have a dell inspiron 5567 for almost three years and today i got a massage every time i open the device say windows activation license will expire soon side note: i got windows 10 pro pre installed on my computer and i never installed any other copy...
  4. Windows will Expire soon. You need to activate windows.

Windows will Expire soon. You need to activate windows.: So today I opened my computer only to receive a message saying that windows will expire soon and I need to activate it but when I checked it was already activated so why do I keep receiving this message?...
  5. Windows 10 is activated, but warns that license will expire soon

Windows 10 is activated, but warns that license will expire soon: I have not used my Lenovo ideapad for some time, and when I fired it up this morning I received a message saying that my windows 10 license will expire soon, and directing me to the activation page in settings. I bought this computer with windows 10 installed, and it has...
  6. windows activation expiring soon error

windows activation expiring soon error: I keep getting a windows error message saying my licence for windows 10 pro is expiring soon,which is wrong as ive checked and its definatly activated according to get help section and windows have verified it . Any ideas how to remove the error, I have had to reinstall...
  7. activation expire soon massege

activation expire soon massege: my computer activation was made by the computer authority. today a message show that "the windows activation date expire soon". for this reason I entered the product key. but didn't stopped showing this message. what can I do. pls help me....
  8. Activation Key Expiring Soon

Activation Key Expiring Soon: Could someone please tell me how to reactive my windows 10 key when I don't have a code? I bought the laptop second hand with windows 10 pro already installed, but now I keep getting messages saying that my activation key will expire soon. Not sure what to do. Thanks...
  9. Error on restart/boot saying activation will expire soon, however license doesn't expire

Error on restart/boot saying activation will expire soon, however license doesn't expire: I have seen others with this issue. The below i tried, and no success. I haven't been able to fix this issue. I have restarted multiple times and tried to get it working. In the Command Prompt window type slmgr –rearm and press Enter and reboot your device. Any help would...
  10. Windows 10 activation. Error: 'Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’

Windows 10 activation. Error: 'Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’: I have a new computer with windows 10 home. I have started getting pop ups saying my license will expire soon. I have spent way to much time on this alreatdy. MSFT automated help, a waste of time. Talked to a person on phone who could not speak understandable english, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is actavited but error mnessage windows expiring spoon