Windows 10: Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement.

Discus and support Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! So my computer went up in smoke, a big white plume of smoke, yay. I got most parts replaced under warranty, unfortunetly the motherboard and GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrMajestic, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement.

Hi!
    So my computer went up in smoke, a big white plume of smoke, yay. I got most parts replaced under warranty, unfortunetly the motherboard and GPU had to be replaced with newer parts. My installation of Windows 10 Pro is a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro but now fails due to the hardware change. Stupid me forgot to link my license to my Microsoft account, although I dont know if that would have helped. So what are my options now? Thankful for any advice you can give me.

:)

MrMajestic, Mar 30, 2017

2. Windows 10-Replacing failed hard drive

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS15 that was running Windows 10 but the hard drive has failed completely and needs replacing. How do I go about installing and activating Windows 10 on a replacement hard drive?

Thanks

BarrieMorris, Mar 30, 2017
  3. PKersey Win User
    Update KB4056892 (Meltdown, Spectre) not offered

I will look into that. The settings "Windows Update for Business GPO" have just been introduced recently with build 1709, so I don't know what the settings are in our Active Directory.

PKersey, Mar 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2017
  5. MrMajestic, Mar 30, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Activate it with the Windows 8 product key.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2017
  7. No its a retail version

MrMajestic, Mar 30, 2017
  8. Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement.

Oh man, that worked. I love you <3 Thank you so much. Didn't even consider that might work.

MrMajestic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement.

1. Activation fails efter complete hardware meltdown and replacement. - Similar Threads - Activation fails efter

2. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  3. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  4. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hardware replaced and windows not activating

hardware replaced and windows not activating: hellothe harddrive was replaced but now windows is not activating- i tried all the ways which mention on microsft page but failed. i installed showkeyplus and get the key but that also not working. initially i had windws 8 and later microsoft gave option to upgrade to windows...
  6. Activation after full hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after full hardware replacement: I've been on this for a while. I have both the old and the new computers plugged in at the moment but realize that at some point I can't do that. I'm doing it because I needed to figure out my activation status. I confirmed that Win10 Pro is activated and linked to my...
  7. activation after hardware replacement

activation after hardware replacement: yesterday i replaced my mobo, cpu, ram and psu, my harddrive stayed the same. after the replacement i performed a system recovery. Now there is a mark that says: "activate windows." I used the troubleshoot option but it didn't work....
  8. Can't activate after replacing hardware

Can't activate after replacing hardware: Hi I have just this afternoon completed the replacement of my husband's mobo, CPU and memory. I've tried activating the pc although I had to change the password but that was eventually completed satifactorily. I then tried activating Windows and was told they couldn't...
  9. Activate Windows after replacing hardware

Activate Windows after replacing hardware: Hi! I just recently changed my hardware. (New CPU, RAM and MB) Now my problem is I have to reactivate Windows 10. However, when I try to do so it says that "We can't activate Windows on this device. Try again later". Also I don't know how to find my product key again...
  10. Replacing hardware/activation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing hardware/activation?: The short story is motherboards Asrock AliveNF6G-VSTA ddr2 and Gigabyte GA 790X-UD3 ddr2 simply aren't supported and there are definitely win10 failures with chipset compatibility on these two boards. I've activated both boards through MS free win 10 upgrade ( both have...