Windows 10: Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Discus and support Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by beaker, Aug 7, 2015.

1. beaker Win User

Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all looks good except it's not activated. Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003

:)

beaker, Aug 7, 2015

2. Product Key

Error code 0xC004C003 means "The activation server determined the specified product key is in use."

Shailesh Lathiya, Aug 7, 2015
  3. when i activate window then Error code: 0xC004C003 is there

when i activate window then Error code: 0xC004C003 is there

shiv kumarprajapat, Aug 7, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

Hi beaker,

Open an elevated command code box, and input the following, might require a couple of tries

slmgr.vbs /ato

Roy

hawkman, Aug 7, 2015
  5. beaker Win User
    Hi Roy,

I've tried that cmd code but no joy, same error. I even rolled back to 7, checked everything was fine, windows activated, all up dates installed. I then followed the upgrade instructions again, everything goes smoothly and it is simple to achieve, but it won't activate.
    -error-0xc004c003

I've done nothing but follow MS prompts and advice and having no joy. It just doesn't doesn't work.

beaker, Aug 7, 2015
  6. I'm experiencing the same problem like you, upgraded my windows 7 professional PC since july 29th and can't activate it.
    Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003, several calls to microsoft haven't helped all i keep getting from the agents on phone is to wait 24-48 hours.
    It will be two weeks on 12th august still no resolution by microsoft

fruswinuser, Aug 10, 2015
  7. SAME exact problem I am having. Techs say to wait it up. LOL. I find it hard to believe they havn't figured out the activation problem and easy to believe they just d

brazosdog02, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Has anyone of you when you had your previous Windows version installed replaced a major hardware component and had to do the phone activation to get it activated again?

Michaelrj9, Aug 11, 2015
  9. The HDD on my PC gradually died in february, i replaced it with an SSD and activate windows 7 via phone.
    If that is the cause of the problem, what is the solution please?

fruswinuser, Aug 11, 2015
  10. Not sure of the solution but I think it will have to involve calling them up and explaining it to them and hope they will activate it without saying now you have to buy Windows 10 as your original product code for Windows 7 is no longer valid.

Michaelrj9, Aug 11, 2015
  11. i will definitely wont be forking out any money for windows 10, i rather downgrade to my precious windows 7, im on phone to Microsoft now, will update this thread with the outcome.

fruswinuser, Aug 11, 2015
  12. Yeah, I won't be paying for it either. Their overly anal software key scheme is a massive pain. They can just send me a new key.

Will await your update to tech support since they have been utterly useless to me. Does anyone have a number for support that they like?

I have changed the configuration of my drives by moving them to different device slots, but in my opinion, if Windows 7 takes its key and ACTIVATES...then Windows 10 should be activated with no issue if its done from within Windows 7.

brazosdog02, Aug 11, 2015
  13. DeeX Win User

To everyone doing a clean Windows 10 install and been getting an Error Code 0xC004C003 for several days with out activation.

I have tried several times to activate my Windows 10. I had several systems that I upgraded Windows via Windows update etc. Upgrading I was able to activate with no problems every single time. After I upgraded and activated I did a clean install from a USB created with Media Creation Tool from MS. No matter what I did the clean install wouldnt activate and would give an Error Code 0xC004C003. I made sure that my Windows 10 upgrade was activated first. I logged into an MS account once I installed Windows 10 thinking that would help. Nothing worked but I kept trying. Heres what I did that now has since worked on the two systems was getting the Error Code 0xC004C003 for days.

1. First, I removed all Windows 10 listings from my "Devices" on my Microsoft account. Each computer with Windows 10 gets listed there. They get added back once you login again.

2. Next I started from scratch. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 clean. Now this time something different I did that I hadnt done before was I logged into my MS account on Windows 8. I historically had been using "local accounts".
    I also made sure the install was activated by going to the "CMD" prompt and typing "slmgr.vbs /ato".

3. Once started logging into Windows using my MS account and was certain Windows 8 was activated then I started the upgrade process. I used Windows update on one computer and Media Creation Tool on the other computer to do a Windows 10 Upgrade. Again once Windows 10 was installed I made sure it was activated by going to the "CMD" prompt and typing "slmgr.vbs /ato". I also then made sure that I was logging into Windows 10 with my MS account. For giggles I restarted the computer a few times to make sure it synced with the activation servers etc. I even did a few quick updates for the hell of it.
    (You can login to your MS account and now see your computer listed under devices.)

4. Next is when I finally did a clean install of Windows 10. Again I used a USB from the Media Creation Tool.
    During the install I made sure to login to my MS account. Viola it was automatically activated instantly.

Thoughts: I have two theories about this. The two things I did different were as follows. Again as I pointed out I historically was using local accounts so while on Windows 8 perhaps logging into Windows 8 via an MS account logs the Hardware and the licensing information on the account. It does not show under devices like Windows 10 installs but it could however be logged behind the scenes. As I type this out I wonder then what that means for Windows 7 users. Perhaps those upgrades arnt the ones experiencing the issues. I dont know as I havent done a Windows 7 to 10 clean install.
    My next different action was using the "slmgr.vbs /ato" command both when I installed Windows 8 and when I did the upgrade to Windows 10. Either way I did this exact process twice (very time consuming lol) and it worked on two computers that I did upgrades and then clean installs before but wouldnt activate even after 12 days.

Im sure someone somewhere will find this usefull so I knew I had to post it.

Thanks!

14. mlink302 Win User
    I too have a store bought (Best Buy) Toshiba Satellite laptop. It is about 4 years old and came with W7. I upgraded to V8 then 8.1, no issues. I upgraded (?) to W10 last weekend and I got the message that my copy of windows was not activated. I contacted support and got the "wait a couple of days" solution. I finally rolled back to 8.1 yesterday and verified that my windows 8.1 copy was indeed activated. Upgraded to W10 again and again my copy is not activated. Meanwhile I have a HP desktop I use for work and I upgraded it yesterday with no issues and my copy of W10 on that system shows as activated just fine.
    Did Toshiba violate some license rules or something? or is their license schema just hosed?

Regards

mlink302, Aug 13, 2015
  15. DeeX Win User
    Well on the Toshbia you said you upgraded to Windows 8. The Windows 10 upgrade is dependent on the OS you have installed when you upgrade Windows 10. It seems its also really sensitive to either the MS or making sure the previous is updated on the activations server. Feel free to msg me and I will see if I can help. The only daunting thing about troubleshooting these issues is that its very time consuming to do the trial and error. Ever since I discovered the processes in my first post every single "clean install" activates instantly. *Biggrin

Thema:

1. Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003 - Similar Threads - Activation fails Error

2. Windows 10 Activation with error code 0xC004C003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with error code 0xC004C003: I bought the new laptop lenovo with windows 10 Home on last thursday, I would like to upgrade the windows 10 from Home to Pro, then i go to microsoft store with the existing microsoft account which was created on Window 8 version over 5 years. After the purchasing and...
  3. Error code 0xC004C003

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error code 0xC004C003: ไม่สามารถ deactivate windows บนเมนบอร์ดเดิมได้ เนื่องจากเปิดไม่ขึ้นภาพ ทำให้ ไม่สามารถ ลบKey ที่ MB เดิมได้ต้องทำอย่างไรครับ ผมได้ลองลบ Device ด้วย Manage User ในหน้าWeb Microsoft และลองลบจาก slmgr /upk Power Shell ที่เครื่องใหม่แล้ว ก็ไม่สามารถลง activeated ได้ต้องทำไงครับ...
  4. cant activate windows Error code : 0xC004C003

cant activate windows Error code : 0xC004C003: i have the product key but i cant use its? why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-error-code-0xc004c003/c35d482c-5d17-4672-8977-320afce0eefd
  5. try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing.

try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing.: my windows10 home pc HDD change after try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-activation-error-code-0xc004c003-appearing/f0ef233f-3d1c-4434-bc4a-16d85f74dcd8"
  6. Windows 10 activation error with code ( 0xC004C003)

Windows 10 activation error with code ( 0xC004C003): [ATTACH] Dear all, I have a trouble that related activate Windows 10. I have a digital license for Windows 10 .Today, I reinstalled Window 10 then i perform to activate Windows but i just an notice that "You dont have a valid digital license . I dont understand where error...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Error code: 0xC004C003

Windows 10 Activation Error code: 0xC004C003: I have my Desktop PC windows upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 legally. Don't know why it did upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which is not free. Please let me know how I can uninstall Windows 10 Pro and re-install Windows 10 Home instead. Thanks in advance...
  8. Win 10 Activation failed (Error code: 0xC004C003)

Win 10 Activation failed (Error code: 0xC004C003): ok so I was going to do a clean install of windows 10 after I upgraded using the media creation tool you can see a post I made here I used the media creation to put win 10 home on a usb then I went to install I skipped the product key part because I already activated when I...
  9. Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003: I had upgraded from W8.1 and Windows 10 was activated. I was under the impression that I didn't need a product key and that my PC would be recognized after doing a clean install. Now I have W10 installed fresh, but get the error code: Error code: 0xC004C003 17651
  10. Activation help, Error code: 0xC004C003

Activation help, Error code: 0xC004C003: So, I reserved my free Windows 10. When it was July 29th, I got the Media Creation Tool and burned an iso. I didn't upgrade, I went straight to a clean install. Will I be activated automatically soon? Or do I have to upgrade? When I upgrade to Windows 10, at the second...
Tags: