Windows 10: Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

Discus and support Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a second hand PC that already has windows installed on it and I'm getting an error message saying "you need to activate Windows before you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ashleigh Mobbs, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

I have a second hand PC that already has windows installed on it and I'm getting an error message saying "you need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC" I have tried to activate windows but there is no code that I am getting to activate my windows. we have had this PC for a year or so. What can I do?

:)

Ashleigh Mobbs, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Superfly Win User
    My PC suddenly says its not activated

I wish I could hands-on your PC .... it's a bit difficult explaining stuff...

Superfly, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

Second Hand PC

I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows.

So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with

"We can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's
    support person. Error code: 0x8007007B.

Said person who I bought the computer off of was moving house, and I got a new phone the same day and have no way to contact him due to old phone being restored. I have tried multiple idea's from community posts similar to mine and none have worked. If anyone
    could help that would be great, thankyou.

ThomasAlison, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

1. Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC - Similar Threads - Activation second hand

2. Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC: I have a second hand PC that already has windows installed on it and I'm getting an error message saying "you need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC" I have tried to activate windows but there is no code that I am getting to activate my windows. we have...
  3. Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation in windows 10 on a second hand PC: I have a second hand PC that already has windows installed on it and I'm getting an error message saying "you need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC" I have tried to activate windows but there is no code that I am getting to activate my windows. we have...
  4. Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation for second hand laptop?: I got a notification on my acer laptop touchscreen saying the windows 10 enterprise licence will expire soon and that I need a product key or something. I tried looking for ways to find the product key, but this is a second- hand laptop, I didn't receive the packaging or...
  5. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  6. Second hand laptop - windows 10 pro in not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Second hand laptop - windows 10 pro in not activated: Split from this thread. I just buy a second hand laptop and I seen that my laptop windows 10 pro in not activated. In settings there are showing hardware of your device has changed. widows was not activated and a error code. What I will do in this case?...
  7. problems trying to activate windows 10 pro second hand pc

problems trying to activate windows 10 pro second hand pc: when trying to activate keep getting error code 0x8007007b text in red saying.... we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your organizations activation server. make sure your connected to your organizations network and try again. if you continue...
  8. Seconde Hand laptop came with an activated windos 10

Seconde Hand laptop came with an activated windos 10: Hi MS community I just bought a used laptop and after installing windows 10 it was auto ativated without entering a product key how do i know if the ativation legit cause the laptop omes with a windows 7 OA sticker ??...
  9. Second Hand PC

Second Hand PC: I recently purchased a computer second hand, to which it worked perfectly in his home. To when I got home, I was hit with Activate Windows. So using my old Windows 10 activation code from my old pc, I am hit with "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't...
  10. Second hand PC running Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second hand PC running Windows 10.: The previous owner of the PC did a factory reset on the computer and upon booting up the machine when I received it, I only have the ‘Other User’ login option and can’t login at all. I took the advice given in another thread to boot into safe mode with networking and now...