Windows 10: Activation on new board

Discus and support Activation on new board in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a question on activation. I have two machines, one Asrock and the other Asus. The Asrock was a free upgrade from Win 8 pro to 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by no1yak, Oct 28, 2017.

1. no1yak Win User

Activation on new board

Hi All, I have a question on activation. I have two machines, one Asrock and the other Asus. The Asrock was a free upgrade from Win 8 pro to 10 pro using my retail licence and was activated. My Asus was installed with 10 pro via a retail licence.

Now, the Asrock has been decommissioned and I'm waiting for new board to arrive (Asus)I want to use the retail 10 key for the new board but, my other Asus was activated using that key. So I went into the activation screen and changed the licence to my Win 8 Pro key and it activated with no problems.

Does that now mean that the 10 pro key is freed up to use on the new board. Or am I snookered.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

no1yak, Oct 28, 2017
  2. ThrashZone, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Reactivating windows 10 pro

Well which version have you installed on the new motherboard to Maximus X Formula. You can install one OS per drive or partition. You needed to install the Pro version and activate that.

Not sure what you are saying here.

Also a new motherboard is a new PC. That is how Microsoft identifies the Board with an Activation key code.

If you switch motherboards and do an install, then you probably will have to contact Microsoft support and tell them this is why you have same OS on 2 systems and they will give you a new activation code.

If you have to install the home first to install the pro upgrade, did you do this. What version does it say on PC do you have. Still, you will need to contact Microsoft support and tell them you changed boards and this OS is only going to be run on new Board
    so they will give you new activation code.

seahawks65, Oct 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Activation on new board

You should be just fine. Also, see here if simply entering a product key does not activate:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530

But I think you will activate with the product key with no problems. Windows 10 now uses a digital license created on Microsoft Activation Servers for activation and the product key initially used to establish that digital license is of very little consequence after the digital license is initially created.

NavyLCDR, Oct 28, 2017
  5. no1yak Win User
    Many thanks for your reply, the board is due on Tuesday 1st. I will let you know how it turns out.

no1yak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activation on new board

1. Activation on new board - Similar Threads - Activation board

2. Active Hours in "settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Hours in "settings": Hi, I'm trying to change my "active hours" in my Settings area, and when I put in the NEW ACTIVE Hours, it just keeps the old hours setting...How can I get it to keep the NEW active hours I want to change it to? I've clicked on the CHANGE command, but it just won't make the...
  3. Can not activate window 10 home edition after change mother board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can not activate window 10 home edition after change mother board: I try to figure out my product key before changing my mother board(and many parts). in device specification my product ID : 003**-*****-*****-*****. But when I enter this after newly installed of windows 10. I got this [ATTACH] Then I try to search my Microsoft mail for...
  4. I had to change the mother board and now my windows won't activate.

I had to change the mother board and now my windows won't activate.: I bought this computer a complete system with windows 10. I have never seen the activation key and I don't know what it is. There was a problem with the computer having some type of fault that caused crashes and lock ups with jamming up sounds and all sorts of strange video...
  5. windows activation after board swap

windows activation after board swap: hello , I have not done anything yet but I am about to swap mainboards with my son. the two recently built systems both have windows 10 pro with digital license and are linked to our Microsoft accounts respectively. my mainboard is an asrock motherboard which I am...
  6. new mother board windows not activate

new mother board windows not activate: mother board replaced need activation code for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-mother-board-windows-not-activate/2beec7a1-fd69-4132-9246-f5543d98a055"
  7. Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board

Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board: I have HP dv6 laptop which came with pre installed windows 7 oem license. I upgraded it to windows 10 home ed using free program service.Recently, motherboard failed so i bought " used" motherboard.But now i am unable to activate windows using trouble shooter (and selecting...
  8. Changed mother board cant activate windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed mother board cant activate windows: I had the mother board changed and I am unable to activate windows. the sticker with my product key is partially torn and I cant use that. How do I get windows activated....
  9. I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board

I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board: I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-my-windows-activation-after/2156f7fe-1427-4a9e-8149-aecbfe50e790"
  10. After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites...: After Dell Change the motherboard in my laptop they provided me with a new windows product Key i try and I follow the instructions several times with no success. I'm Getting Error Cod (0x80070057) Cortana also not help and not possible to contact a person. Any help on this...