Windows 10: Activation Problem

Discus and support Activation Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Loving WIn10 on my Dell 5558 as much as I do, I thought I'd pull my old Dell D830 out and get it installed on it. It came with Vista on it but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jbdiesellife, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Activation Problem

Loving WIn10 on my Dell 5558 as much as I do, I thought I'd pull my old Dell D830 out and get it installed on it. It came with Vista on it but when I got it, it had Win 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Win10 for a while but then I went through a Linux period where I thought it was the bomb. Linux was installed on the D830 when I pulled it out of the closet. I got W10 installed without any difficulty, however, I do not have the documentation for Win7 so I don't have the product key. Is here a way of getting this old machine reactivated or did I blow when I installed Linux?

:)

jbdiesellife, Jan 16, 2016

2. Can't Activate newly purchased windows 10 home

hi, I used the usb boot tool and installed windows 10S on my laptop. I realized I couldn't download anything not from the app store so I purchased windows 10 home. I was given a product key but it is not accepted in the activation settings. Just trying to
    get this laptop operable.

Thanks

Activation Questionssss, Jan 16, 2016
  3. faltoos Win User
    activation problem

I have created nokia account for my lumia 620, but when i try to download songs using Nokia music, it shows activation problem,plz help

faltoos, Jan 16, 2016
  4. labeeman Win User

Activation Problem

If you had W10 installed and activated it should reinstall with no problems and activate.

labeeman, Jan 16, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You are going to have to actually purchase a Windows 7, 8 or 10 product key.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  6. Well there are two conflicting answers. If it were to activate on its own, how long would the MS activation servers take to recognize it?

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    There are not two conflicting answers. labeeman was correct that if you had Windows 10 previously installed and activated on that computer then a reinstall should re-activate - within minutes of connecting to the internet the first time. However, labeeman's does not apply to your situation because as I understand your situation you have never had Windows 10 installed and activated on the computer in question. Since you don't have the Windows 7 product key that you had installed on that computer before - you will have to obtain another legitimate and unused Windows 7, 8 or 10 product key to activate Windows 10 with.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  8. labeeman Win User

Activation Problem

That I could not tell you. M$ has said that once you activate W10 it is good for the life of the machine provided you did not make any major hardware changes with no key needed. Did you reinstall with an interconnection for the box?

labeeman, Jan 16, 2016
  9. labeeman Win User
    As I read your post you said you installed W10.

labeeman, Jan 16, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oops, I just reread the OP - yeah it does look like Windows 10 was on that computer before. So there are three conditions that must be met:

1. Was the first upgrade to Windows 10 activated?
    2. There was a timeframe at the beginning when Microsoft activation servers had issues and upgrade activation were not stored correctly. So your initial activation would have to not have been impacted by those initial issues.
    3. Did you install the same edition and version of Windows 10 as was originally upgraded to? (IE: Windows 10 Pro, not the "n" or single language edition). Version is Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise, etc. Edition is regular Windows 10, Single Language Edition, "N" edition.

If those three conditions were met, then your Windows 10 should activate itself within minutes of connecting to the internet. You can try the automatic online activation again by opening an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt and entering:

slmgr /ato

If any of those three conditions were not met - then see my post #3.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  11. 1. Yes, it was activated when I first installed Win10.
    2. I had no idea about this server issues and hope their mistake isn't the problem. That isn't cool with me at all.
    3. Yes, the same edition is installed now that was installed then.

I just read something that Paul Thurrott wrote that said the activation servers can take up to a day or two to go their thing.

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can always force an online activation attempt:

slmgr /ato

Post the results window here and we can troubleshoot further:

Activation Problem [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  13. Activation Problem

How would I go about an online activation attempt?

14. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can try the automatic online activation again by opening an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt and entering:

slmgr /ato

Also, try slmgr /dlv and post those results as well.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  15. Activation Problem [​IMG]

Thema:

Activation Problem

1. Activation Problem - Similar Threads - Activation Problem

2. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  3. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  4. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...
  5. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...
  6. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  7. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  8. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  9. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  10. Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise

Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise: Hello!I am facing windows activation problem in with my Window 11 Enterprise. It says please connect to internet although it's already connected. I am uploading a screenshot of my problem. Please help me as I am unable to use many apps properly. Thank You!...