Windows 10: Activation problems - new build

Discus and support Activation problems - new build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just completed a new build with Window 10 Home 64 Bit installed. Purchased the Software from Amazon. Tried to activate window but it refuses to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarolinaGuy, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Activation problems - new build

Just completed a new build with Window 10 Home 64 Bit installed. Purchased the Software from Amazon. Tried to activate window but it refuses to activate.

:)

CarolinaGuy, Sep 4, 2017

2. Problem with activating a new build PC with OEM

The OPK is not necessary unless you are customizing the machine to be resold.

If you have a genuine, unused OEM System Builder license, use chat support to reactivate:

Use the following link to directly reach a live agent who can assist you:

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Problem with activating a new build PC with OEM

Got the OPK and trying to get window activated but had many different error code. The most recent is "We can't activate Windows on this device because the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to Store to buy
    genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803F7001.

RonaldZajac1, Sep 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Activation problems - new build

Did you purchase the entire software package from Amazon with the Microsoft USB flash drive included?

Open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and run:

slmgr /ato

What error do you get?

NavyLCDR, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Activation problems - new build

1. Activation problems - new build - Similar Threads - Activation problems build

2. Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build: I have a purchased key for Win 10 Pro. I have installed win 10 pro on a new PC that I built. I have followed steps to remove my license from my old machine by typing slmgr.vbs -upk and that was successful. On my new PC whenever I use my Win10 Pro key it says it cannot...
  3. Activation after new build

Activation after new build: Hi everyone, A couple of years ago I used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 I have just built a new computer and installed the windows 10 files from my pen drive which I had saved from the original upgrade At first I was unable to activate but after being asked...
  4. Activation Windows 10 New Build

Activation Windows 10 New Build: I built a new pc with all new parts. My old pc has a retail key. I uninstalled the key correctly on the old computer, no problem. The build went awesome by the way my first time. When I went through the media tool installation process it took my key so I didn't think anything...
  5. Activating Windows on a new computer build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a new computer build: I am currently about to build a new computer using the gpu and psu of my old one and replacing all of the parts. My current computer has windows activated through a digital license which was received through the free update to windows 10 after using a windows 7 product key. I...
  6. Windows Activation on a new build

Windows Activation on a new build: Sorry in advance if I'm getting redundant, just want to get everything right. I was preparing for a new build and the plan to give my son the old computer. I asked the community how it would work with the activation and received prompt responses. So in preparation I...
  7. Activating Windows on a New PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a New PC Build: Hello, I am building a new computer from scratch and will not be reusing any of my old parts. I currently have Windows 10 Home installed on my SSD and it is currently linked to my Microsoft account. Am I able to use my account to activate Windows on my new computer, or is...
  8. Activating Windows 10 new build

Activating Windows 10 new build: So I have a new pc build and try to activate Windows 10 pro (digital license) from a SSD of my previous build. I can't activate it (see pic 1) If i use the troubleshoot option, i get an error (see pic 2 in comments) Can anyone help me out? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Activation on new Build

Windows 10 Activation on new Build: Hope I'm right, log on to my Microsoft Account so now they have my key right? Building new machine with new board and cpu, if I read right I load new windows10 on new build then log into my Microsoft account for new hardware change? The machine I have now has a digital key....
  10. Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316: Hello All, I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That is just one issue and not...