Windows 10: Activation requested - Where can I get the serial nr

Discus and support Activation requested - Where can I get the serial nr in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I forgot to note the serial number on download - I don't want to re-register and download again so anybody got it or can they post a link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Activation requested - Where can I get the serial nr

Hi there
    I forgot to note the serial number on download - I don't want to re-register and download again so anybody got it or can they post a link

(Windows 10 tech preview - enterprise edition UK version 64 bit)

Or can I just ignore the activation nag by the watermark.

Added - I got the key from the TechNet in the DETAILS about the download - said it wasn't required but only supplied for "Compatibility" reasons. However after entering I still got Windows couldn't activate but the activation nag by the watermark disappeared.

Note this was on an UPDATE from Win 8.1 enterprise so you might not see this in Non enterprise versions.

Problem now solved.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  2. GruftiRG Win User

HP Color Inkjet CP1700

All Websites of HP can not find "hp color inkjet hp1700", even not the Serial-Nr. SG1CC 21123.

GruftiRG, Oct 2, 2014
  3. where can I get the activation code to make active window Phone 7 Marketplace

where can I get the activation code to make active window Phone 7 Marketplace

altinaliaj, Oct 2, 2014
  4. theog Win User

theog, Oct 2, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Thanks - I wondered why the serial was there even though the product would install without one.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  6. theog Win User
    theog, Oct 2, 2014
  7. This serial number was included on my download page in the Windows Technical Preview site. Note that it is the same number as I saw (and laboriously typed into my password manager). Did not need it tho as my clean install was already activated without me ever having to include a serial number. Time will tell if real serial numbers will be necessary before launch.

John Pombrio, Oct 3, 2014
  8. theog Win User

Have a read of post two.

theog, Oct 3, 2014
  9. Yep, I did, one was for Enterprise and this other was for the usual suspects. I donno if they both would work on the non Enterprise download. I JUST had my Technet account closed a week ago too.

John Pombrio, Oct 3, 2014
  10. unifex Win User
    I downloaded from the simple Microsoft site (not Technet) and installed from the USB drive, it never asked me for the serial. I did write down the serial mentioned above, but it activated without it. I guess it was already in the system.

unifex, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Activation requested - Where can I get the serial nr - Similar Threads - Activation requested Where

2. serial number will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  3. serial number will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  4. where can I get a Manual for my Toshiba satellite 13r serial number 781695130 many thanks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where can I get a Manual for my Toshiba satellite 13r serial number 781695130 many thanks: need a user guide/manual for my Toshiba satellite 13R system unit DC 19V 3,9A SERIAL NUMBER 781695130 THANK YOU ALL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-get-a-manual-for-my-toshiba-satellite/128fdb92-61e9-4171-b2cf-e43540313ebb
  5. Where can I get this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I get this?: Hi I'm currently working on a project which was given to me by my school. I did the project in the online PowerPoint and downloaded it. When I opened it up with my PowerPoint offline app I have PowerPoint 2016, I saw that there was a change in font- I applied the font...
  6. Where can I get a copy of silverlight.diagcab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I get a copy of silverlight.diagcab: Good afternoon, The Download button found under the Fix it for me section in the Microsoft article for how to clean corrupt Silverlight install is no longer working. When I click the button, I get a "404 Not Found" error. Silverlight is still supported, so I'm not sure...
  7. Where can I get a free windows 10 activation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I get a free windows 10 activation?: My pc isn't activated after I switched my ssd and I can't get my old activation key. Is there a program or website where I can get free activation keys for windows 10? submitted by /u/SaltifiedReddit [link] [comments]...
  8. Where Can I Get Sound Themes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where Can I Get Sound Themes?: I found the official page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13768/desktop-themes-featured " With custom sounds " I'm only interested in changing the sounds, but I see the themes with personalized sounds are very few. Is there any other site where we can get themes...
  9. Where can I get printmanagement.msc file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where can I get printmanagement.msc file?: I am missing printmanagement.msc I may have deleted it when trying to get my Canon TS6120 printer scanner to work. How do I get this file? From Microsoft or from Canon?...
  10. Where can I get Fortnite?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where can I get Fortnite?: how do u get fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-get-fortnite/7cec9b28-d70c-44b5-af44-9a2f27d4cbf2"